APPROACH DATABASE FILE SHARING

Post by TSTORM » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to share a lotus approach database file across the network.  Each
PC has its own licensed software, each has access to shared directories on each
others PC.  I get an error message
"Couldn't open the database L:\653.dbf. (-5009) when .  Could anyone help me
out?

APPROACH DATABASE FILE SHARING

Post by Svein Varga » Sat, 20 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I am trying to share a lotus approach database file across the network.
Each
>PC has its own licensed software, each has access to shared directories on
each
>others PC.  I get an error message
>"Couldn't open the database L:\653.dbf. (-5009) when .  Could anyone help
me
>out?

I think you may fix this through the User Setup at the File Menu.
(Or something like that, I use the Norwegian version.)
It is a checkbox called something like Optimistic Post lock which must be
checked to let others share files.  Furthermore, distribute the .APR file to
everyone, make sure the .DBF is placed at a network drive.
Also make sure all drive references in the macros are referenced to that
network drive. This will force you to start the Approach on the machine the
DBF is on through the network drive, not through C:\

Hope this helps.

Svein Vargan