@ ... GET Popups

Post by Shar Feldhe » Fri, 29 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Popups will permit a sequential search, the first few letter of the
item to find.

However, it works when the letter are typed in a regularly paced
timing. Typing a letter, waiting, then typing another, will cause each
letter to be the beginning of the search.

Try typing two or three letters at a regular pace. Avoid delays between
the characters. This will work...just takes a little practice...very
little.

Best...

writes:

>>Hi there.

>>I am a fairly new FPW programmer and require a bit of help with
POPUP's.

>>When trying to select an option from the list I can type in
characters
>>and the scroll bar will move along the list. However if my typing is
slow
>>the scroll bar jumps to the option starting with the next character
that I
>>type. It appears that the buffer is only held for a second or so. Is
there
>>any way to allow for slow typing and correct scrolling of the scroll
bar.

@ ... GET Popups

Post by Barry Gre » Fri, 29 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi there.

I am a fairly new FPW programmer and require a bit of help with POPUP's.

When trying to select an option from the list I can type in characters
and the scroll bar will move along the list. However if my typing is slow
the scroll bar jumps to the option starting with the next character that I
type. It appears that the buffer is only held for a second or so. Is there
any way to allow for slow typing and correct scrolling of the scroll bar.

Thanks in advance
Barry Grek

@ ... GET Popups

Post by RMorse06 » Fri, 29 Sep 1995 04:00:00

writes:

Quote:>I believe that Foxpro pop-ups only support typing of one character
>to automatically scroll to a position in the list. Someone please correct
>me if I'm wrong!

It depends on the setting of SET CONFIRM.  With CONFIRM=ON, you can type
as many characters as necessary till you reach the desired selection.
With CONFIRM=OFF, the first character you type will position the highlight
bar on the first matching entry and "select" it.  As far as changing the
amount of time allowed between keypresses, you can control this with the
setting of _dblclick, which is 0.5 seconds by default.  But avoid setting
it *too* high, users tend to get very frustrated when they have to wait
more than 1 or 2 seconds after accidentally typing the wrong character.

Ralph

@ ... GET Popups

Post by Barry Gr » Sat, 30 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Gerber)
>writes:

>>I believe that Foxpro pop-ups only support typing of one character
>>to automatically scroll to a position in the list. Someone please
correct
>>me if I'm wrong!

>It depends on the setting of SET CONFIRM.  With CONFIRM=ON, you can
>setting of _dblclick, which is 0.5 seconds by default.  But avoid
>it *too* high, users tend to get very frustrated when they have to wait
>more than 1 or 2 seconds after accidentally typing the wrong character.

>Ralph

Ideally what I am trying to do is to get the popup to behave in teh same
manner as the windows "HELP" search facility where I can type and delete
and the scroll bar will react accordingly.

Barry

@ ... GET Popups

Post by RMorse06 » Sat, 30 Sep 1995 04:00:00

writes:

Quote:>Ideally what I am trying to do is to get the popup to behave in teh same
>manner as the windows "HELP" search facility where I can type and delete
>and the scroll bar will react accordingly.

Then you want JKey, unless you're really into programming a LOT of ON
KEY/INKEY() routines.  You should be able to find it at just about any
XBase Web/FTP site.

Ralph

1. Getting a new record with popups

I want to be able to add a popup to my screen that will allow me to go to
a distant record by selecting on a key, sort of like what happens when you
choose a subdirectory in a Windows drop down list.  This will avoid scrolling
through the large database one record at a time.  Any ideas?

2. 29th Feb Problems

3. How to Create Help Popups

4. NT/OpenIngres 2.0 trouble - Net connections

5. AFCL and Popups

6. Uniqueness, NULLs and design options

7. multiple fields popups

8. Problem restoring tables from tape backup

9. Filtered Popups - Am I Nuts?

10. Context-sensitive popups in FMP4

11. FPW2.5 MULTISELECT popups in screens

12. Help: FPW 2.6 Displays & incorrectly in popups

13. What happend to VFP Popups