## Help with Borland C++ 4.5 and BDE! ###

## Help with Borland C++ 4.5 and BDE! ###

Post by Steven W. Gar » Wed, 29 Mar 1995 03:44:17

Help!

        I have been working with Borland C/C++ 4.5 IDAPI calls and have
several problems.

        1) Subsequent executions of the same code produce different return
codes from the API calls.  The only calls that are being performed are :

   a) Open Database
   b) Set Directory
   c) Open Table

        One time I can run this and everything works fine.  Another time, I
will get a 2706 (Invalid request) error, and other times I will get a 2803
(locked table).  I seem to get better results when stepping through the code
than when running it straight through.  Sometimes I have to run it five or six
times for it to finally work.  Anyone have any experiences like this?

        2) My second question is, once I am able to pass through the open
table problem, I begin reading the .DBF file.  When I get to the 100th record
read, I get a NOTEMPTBLSPACE (No temporary table space) error.  The only
problem is, I am only reading the records, I am not doing any writes.  As a
matter of fact, I opened it for read only.  Why is a temporary table being
created, and how can I overcome the limitations that it has.

        What also seems odd about this, is that if I step through the code, I
can go further than 100 records, but if I run it, it stops at the 100th
record.  So far, it seems that either I am way off course, or Borland has some
real problems with their API calls.  Can anyone help?

                        Steven Garno

1. borland c++ 4.5 and foxpro

can an fll/plb for foxpro 2.6 be written with borland c++ 4.5?  do i need
to get the LCK for this?

perry fect, president              Author of the *FREE* FNKSHN library for
UnderGround Milhouse Studios       FoxPro 2.x
PO Box 320411                      for more details, check the page below
Fairfield, CT 06432                Coming Soon... VISUAL FNKSHN!!!
http://w3.nai.net/~perfecto/fnkshn.html

2. No connection with SQL Server desktop edition

3. MS ACCESS base with BORLAND C++ 4.5

4. Arrays as Output Parameters from Java stored proc. to VB

5. Borland C/C++ 4.5 for VFP library development??

6. Problem saving long string via recordset

7. VFP & Borland C++ 4.5

8. MS SQL Server on a Solaris box

9. Borland C++, BDE and Sql Server

10. Help: Visual C++/ Borland C++ with DBLIB....

11. Fw: Compile and Debug esql/c with Visual C++ 5.0 Or Borland C++ Builder 4.0

12. SQL Svr 7 and Borland's SQL Links for Paradox for DOS 4.5

13. Can't compile Examples Borland 4.5 Open Client 10.02