ODBC driver error

Post by John Hobso » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 04:36:32

[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

I suspect the name of your server isn't in Oracle's tnsnames.ora file. Have
you configured your Oracle client to know about your server? With Oracle8
client, there's a Net8 assistant to help with the configuration.

Quote:> Hi,
> I have a workstation and a sever with OS Windows NT 4.0
> and SP6a.  The database I'm using is Oracle 7.3.4 and it
> is located in the server.  I have installed the Oracle
> client in the workstation as well. I also have installed
> Office 2000.  The application runs fine in the server with
> the system dsn created, but when I run it in the
> workstation, it shows an error message:  TSN:  service
> name unknown.

> Is it a problem with the odbc????

1. OLEDB for ODBC and Informix ODBC driver error

Hi all,

When i try to connect to a Informix database from inside a COM+
application, using Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC (version
2.61.7326.0) and Informix ODBC driver (version 3.34.0000 2.70 TC1), i
get a "No Such Interface Supported" error.

Does someone knows why?

Thanks,

Fabio Lopes

2. Datawarehouse DC-MD-VA

3. Odbc driver error

4. Help w/ preventing unwanted records in a form!

5. ODBC Drivers error '80040e37'

6. Lost in ActiveX - help

7. ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

8. REQ: Help With Protecting Databases

9. OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Error

10. ODBC Driver Error

11. ODBC Drivers error '80040e07'

12. ODBC Drivers error 80040e57

13. ODBC Drivers Error '80040e31'