Record Delimiter Bug in FoxProd 2.5 Mac?

Post by A » Sun, 29 Oct 1995 04:00:00

>         Is there a bug exporting files from FoxPro 2.5 for the Mac?
> (i.e. to a tab|comma delimited, etc.)  Somebody told me there was, and
> since then I have been opening up the documents in a word processor
> and search for some funky character that is used as a record delimiter
> and replacing it with a return mark.
>         However, recently I had to export a very large file and the
> word processor I was using wasn't capable of handling a 8 meg file.
> So I was looking around and trying a few different things.  In some of
> the applications, the funky characters were gone, and the line breaks
> word as they should have.
>         So is the bug really there?  Is it just that a return mark is
> different depending upon what platform you are using?  If there is a
> bug, is there a program or script or something that fixes it (and
> hopefully won't *on a large file?

I ran into the bug your talking about when I was developing a query app
that included an option to COPY TO comma or tab (can't remember which)
file suitable for mail merge w/Word 5.1

Microsoft Fox tech support has a fix available for download. It's a
program in Fox code that uses low level file i/o to insert missing
chr(13)'s, or something like that. If you can't get it from them, I may
have it somewhere.

-Andrew
 Warner Group
 http://www.veryComputer.com/

~
~
~
~
`

1. Memo file shared between foxprod 2.5 and unix foxbase

I have a foxbase unix application which also runs under foxpro dos 2.5. My
problem is with a memo file. Some memo fields get garbaged. According to
Microsoft I should do my updating in Foxpro, which I now do. I create a
copy of the memo file for foxbase unix with the command "copy to xxx type
foxplus". However, I am still getting some garbaged memo fields, either
wrong data, or it starts half way through the correct data. Any suggestions,
please?

2. What may be the url we need to use to connect the Postgres Database with Java

3. ADO 2.5 bugs(?) and ADOX 2.5

4. How to atomic update or lock record on read in SQL Server 6.5

5. Sybase, Parcplace's VisualWorks 2.5 and Mac

6. How to generate SQL script?

7. Transporter error for report, Foxpro Mac 2.5

8. UML Design Tools

9. FoxPro for Mac 2.5, Use command problem

10. Memo problem with Mac FP 2.5

11. FoxPro 2.5 MAC and App not Closing

12. Hotkeys in Mac FoxPro 2.5

13. Foxpro 2.5 on Mac