Newcomer needs help with reports

Post by Jagat Sha » Tue, 18 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi.

I am using Foxpro 2.5b for windows.

I am desigining a report.  The information on the report comes from two
tables. The tables are related in a one to many relations ship. The first
half of the report page receives information from the parent table (the
one side of the relations ship). I have no problem here.  In the second
half of the report I want to print all the related records from the child
table (the many side of the relationship). It prints only the first
record. How can I make it print all of them?

Thanks in advance.

Jagat

Newcomer needs help with reports

Post by Josh Assi » Tue, 18 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Use FirstDb in 0 order Tag1
Use SecondDb in 0 order Tag2
select SecondDB
set rela to field1 into FirstDb
set skip to FirstDb

>Hi.

>I am using Foxpro 2.5b for windows.

>I am desigining a report.  The information on the report comes from two
>tables. The tables are related in a one to many relations ship. The first
>half of the report page receives information from the parent table (the
>one side of the relations ship). I have no problem here.  In the second
>half of the report I want to print all the related records from the child
>table (the many side of the relationship). It prints only the first
>record. How can I make it print all of them?

>Thanks in advance.

>Jagat

Newcomer needs help with reports

Post by Smallma » Tue, 18 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

Quote:>Hi.

>I am using Foxpro 2.5b for windows.

>I am desigining a report.  The information on the report comes from two
>tables. The tables are related in a one to many relations ship. The first
>half of the report page receives information from the parent table (the
>one side of the relations ship). I have no problem here.  In the second
>half of the report I want to print all the related records from the child
>table (the many side of the relationship). It prints only the first
>record. How can I make it print all of them?

>Thanks in advance.

>Jagat

You need to SET SKIP to the child table too....

Regards

Newcomer needs help with reports

Post by Alexandre Pechtchans » Tue, 18 Aug 1998 04:00:00

[ Courtesy cc'ed through e-mail to the quoted author ]

Quote:>Hi.

>I am using Foxpro 2.5b for windows.

>I am desigining a report.  The information on the report comes from two
>tables. The tables are related in a one to many relations ship. The first
>half of the report page receives information from the parent table (the
>one side of the relations ship). I have no problem here.  In the second
>half of the report I want to print all the related records from the child
>table (the many side of the relationship). It prints only the first
>record. How can I make it print all of them?

See "SET SKIP TO" in the on-line help.

[ When replying, remove *'s from address ]
Alexandre Pechtchanski, Systems Manager, RUH, NY