VFP Transparent Text ?

Post by Steve Chadbourn » Fri, 04 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi

Does anyone with the released version of VFP know if the
transparent property of the text box works ?

I did the following on the final beta (VFP has not been
released in the UK yet) :-

1) drww a box and coloured it yellow

2) dropped a text box over the top and typed some text

3) changed the backstyle to transparent

It seemed to make no difference if I chose opaque or
transparent as the backstyle.

Is this a bug in the beta ? has it been fixed ? have I
completely missed the point here (again !).

The world (well the guys in my office) need to know

Cheers

Steve

|                      CompuServe: 100070,2156               |

VFP Transparent Text ?

Post by Jorge Martin » Thu, 10 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>Hi
>Does anyone with the released version of VFP know if the
>transparent property of the text box works ?

Yes.
Jorge Martinez
Programmer/Analyst
San Francisco Unified School District

VFP Transparent Text ?

Post by doug blan » Sat, 12 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>>Hi

>>Does anyone with the released version of VFP know if the
>>transparent property of the text box works ?

>Yes.
>Jorge Martinez
>Programmer/Analyst
>San Francisco Unified School District

I haven't done thorough testing, but looks like it might depend on the
color of the background if it "works" or not.

-doug

Computer Science                                    Cognitive Science

1. VFP 5.0 Icons and Bitmaps : Masking the transparent area

I know that I have asked questions on this subject before, but can
somebody please refresh my memory.

When you use a bitmap image as a picture or icon for buttons,
checkboxes or forms, the transparent area is defined by a mask file
(.MSK) that shows where the image is transparent (via white area) and
where the image is displayed (via black pixels).

How does an icon define it's transparent area in FoxPro?  Most good
icon editing software allows you to define the transparent areas of
the icon, but this seems to have no effect in VFP.  Do I have to
create MSK files in the same manner for all my icons?
If so that is really a pain!
Also, eventually these icons, bitmaps and mask files all get included
into the project, and the size of the compiled executable file swells.

Thanks
Paul

2. Using expressions in a SELECT Clause

3. VFP : Possible bug, Why is my form transparent?

4. ESQL problems

5. VB5: text with transparent background ?

6. Where are the patch ?

7. <> Transparent Rich Text Box

8. Report in .EXE (Transparent Mode Text)

9. Converting VFP memo fields to SQL Server text fields

10. VFP 5.0 mysterious text field behavior

11. Printing Text Mode in VFP 3.0 does not work the same for Print Server and Workstation

12. Color Text in VFP 5.0