To DBMS or not to DBMS

Post by Dave Johnst » Thu, 11 Aug 1994 01:58:00

I hope some of you can provide some advice.  I'm about to start an
application development effort and am tempted to use DBMS to speed
things up.  In the end I want to be able to compile and resell runtime
versions of the product.  My fear is that, while a DBMS may speed
development, it will create headaches in the long run (ie. UI
limitations, runtime resource requirements, speed, etc.).  I'd be
interested in any of your experiences.

The application will be windows-based, probably have 8-12 tables (none
larger than a few thousand records), but need to have good UI and report
writing and graphing capabilities.  I'm thinking of using Borland's new
dBase for Windows.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Dave.

1. DBMS 26 or DBMS 27 error

Hello,

A client is running Great Plains eEnterprise on  SQL Server 7.0.  While
doing an inquiry, the error message DBMS 26/27 appeared.  I cannot find this
error number in the SQL Server Online Books nor in the SYSMESSAGES table.
Do the SYSMESSAGES table get updated?

Thanks for your help.

2. Remote Procedure Call in MS SQL-Server

3. Web fronted DBMS vs. DBMS backed web

4. Does having primary key at the end of table take up space

6. Please recommand some newsgroups about spatial dbms and spatiotemporal dbms

7. Evaluating DBMS vendors and experiences with DBMS.

8. Database failed to connect DBMS is not supported in current installation

9. dbms is not supported error

10. DBMS not supported???

11. DBMS Oracle 7.3 is not supported in your installation - error