Connect to netware progress data server 7.3c

Connect to netware progress data server 7.3c

Post by Sui Se » Wed, 01 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi everyone, I have progress nlm data server 7.3c loaded on netware 3.2 file
server. however I cannot connect to the data server use 7.3a client
networking. However, i can connect to 7.2d netware data server nlm. I got the
error message "Server (database server name) unavailable (733). according to
Progress documentation, all versions of 7.x client can connect to all versions
of 7.x data server. I am using windows 98. Any info will be appreciated.

Sui

1. Help ! Connecting Progress 7.3c with ODBC

Hello,
        I'm traying to connect our main Progress 7.3c database running
in a IBM RS6000-R40 machine with AIX 4.2, with a PC running Delphi3 and
VB4 applications .
   I've downloaded the OpenLink Lite for Progress8 Large (32 bit) ODBC
driver and now I'm trying to use it, but I get no connection.
   My scenario:
      - In main computer the database is started with -S myservice -N
TCP parameters
      - In my PC running Win95, I've installed Progress 7.3d client,
ODBC data source administrator(latest version)
      - I've configurated a datasource with the following session
         -db MyMainDatabase -S myservice -H myhost -N TCP
      - Both computers have the host and service files configurated
      - If I connect my PC Progress client to the Main database the
connection is established without any problem
      - If I'm trying to connect the Main database using the OpenLink
demo programm I'm getting every time an error :
     SQL State:08004
     Native: 0
     Message : [OpenLink][ODBC][Driver] connection rejected by data
source.

    What is wrong in my scenario ?
    Is possible to connect Progress server running in a UNIX machine
with PC running Win95 in an efficient mode ?
     Thank in advance for your help.

                  Tibi.
--
 * Tiboldi Kalman       * TVH Forklift Parts * Tel: +3256434295 *

 * URL   : www.tvh.be   *      8560 Gullegem , Belgium          *

2. 15449-MN-Minneapolis-IEF-Client/Server-MS Office-Visual Basic-ORACLE-SPA-Consultant

3. Connecting to Progress/400 Data Server over Mcrosoft SNA Server

4. SQL Server 2000

5. Connect SQL Server 2000 to Progress and extract data

6. Developer 2000 in Linux available?

7. Cluster environment issue with OS 5.1a and Progress 8.3C

8. Optimizedb flags

9. ODBC Progress 8.3c with MS-Access

10. Progress v7.3d and 7.3c

11. ODBC and Progress V7.3c on Novell NLM

12. Progress 8.3C and MERANT

13. ODBC connection MS Access to Progress 6.3C UNIX