Files installed to Windows during setup.

Files installed to Windows during setup.

Post by Philip Cho » Thu, 18 May 2000 04:00:00

Can anyone told me what files is installed to WINDOWS or WINDOWS\SYSTEM
directory when I install an application created by setup wizard for VFP 6.0
SP3?  I installed an application on a machine and find out that there is a
VFP 6.0 SP0 of other language already installed.  Then both of them doesn't
work.  Even after I uninstall both and install the application again, a
message said invalid file still occurs.  Any method to solve this problem?
Thanks.

Files installed to Windows during setup.

Post by Rick Bea » Thu, 18 May 2000 04:00:00

Philip,
Try at http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q190/8/69.asp "INFO:
Visual FoxPro 6.0 Required Run-Time Files". You can check the versions of
these files on a machine with SP3 installed and see what may need to be
updated.

Rick

Quote:> Can anyone told me what files is installed to WINDOWS or WINDOWS\SYSTEM
> directory when I install an application created by setup wizard for VFP
6.0
> SP3?  I installed an application on a machine and find out that there is a
> VFP 6.0 SP0 of other language already installed.  Then both of them
doesn't
> work.  Even after I uninstall both and install the application again, a
> message said invalid file still occurs.  Any method to solve this problem?
> Thanks.

Files installed to Windows during setup.

Post by Alexandre Pechtchansk » Thu, 18 May 2000 04:00:00

[ Courtesy cc'ed through e-mail to the quoted author ]

Quote:>Can anyone told me what files is installed to WINDOWS or WINDOWS\SYSTEM
>directory when I install an application created by setup wizard for VFP 6.0
>SP3?  I installed an application on a machine and find out that there is a
>VFP 6.0 SP0 of other language already installed.  Then both of them doesn't
>work.  Even after I uninstall both and install the application again, a
>message said invalid file still occurs.  Any method to solve this problem?
>Thanks.

Setup.inf on the first diskette or in NETSETUP directory lists all files, where
they go, and dependencies (i.e., ..,OLDER,.. means only copy if the existing
file is older then the new one).

--
[ When replying, remove *'s from address ]
Alexandre Pechtchanski, Systems Manager, RUH, NY

Files installed to Windows during setup.

Post by Philip Cho » Sat, 20 May 2000 04:00:00

Thanks a lot.

> Philip,
> Try at http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q190/8/69.asp
"INFO:
> Visual FoxPro 6.0 Required Run-Time Files". You can check the versions of
> these files on a machine with SP3 installed and see what may need to be
> updated.

> Rick

> > Can anyone told me what files is installed to WINDOWS or WINDOWS\SYSTEM
> > directory when I install an application created by setup wizard for VFP
> 6.0
> > SP3?  I installed an application on a machine and find out that there is
> > VFP 6.0 SP0 of other language already installed.  Then both of them
> doesn't
> > work.  Even after I uninstall both and install the application again, a
> > message said invalid file still occurs.  Any method to solve this
problem?
> > Thanks.

Files installed to Windows during setup.

Post by Philip Cho » Sat, 20 May 2000 04:00:00

Thanks a lot.

Quote:> On Wed, 17 May 2000 10:28:12 +0800, "Philip Chow"

> [ Courtesy cc'ed through e-mail to the quoted author ]

> >Can anyone told me what files is installed to WINDOWS or WINDOWS\SYSTEM
> >directory when I install an application created by setup wizard for VFP
6.0
> >SP3?  I installed an application on a machine and find out that there is
> >VFP 6.0 SP0 of other language already installed.  Then both of them
doesn't
> >work.  Even after I uninstall both and install the application again, a
> >message said invalid file still occurs.  Any method to solve this
problem?
> >Thanks.

> Setup.inf on the first diskette or in NETSETUP directory lists all files,
where
> they go, and dependencies (i.e., ..,OLDER,.. means only copy if the
existing
> file is older then the new one).

> --
> [ When replying, remove *'s from address ]
> Alexandre Pechtchanski, Systems Manager, RUH, NY

1. SQL setup stops responding during install!

I am trying to install SQL Server 6.5.  I am installing it on a Dell
PowerEdge 200/200 with 128 MB of ram running NT Server 4.0 with service pack
3.  When the setup program reaches the end, it seems to lock up (stops
responding).  The Microsoft Online support says it has something to do with
Fast Disk Access and has a work around.  I tried the work around and it
still does the same thing.  It stops at the 'Setup is now installing the
initial SQL Server configuration' screen.  Please e-mail me if you can help.

Thanks,
Robert

2. Wheel mouse stopped working after SQL Server 2000 installed

3. Sybase SQL Anywhere not installing during setup

4. Need Help with Simple Copy N Paste Script

5. Copying fonts to Windows System during setup

6. SQL SELECT statement to Spreadsheet

7. SQL Server Timout during DSN setup on Windows 95

8. case sentive or not for db server

9. Windows 95 B, Setup Wizard Issues Setup.EXE on Windows 95 A

10. what files are modified during sql setup

11. language dependent resource file could not be loaded during setup

12. Setting Access DB file to finished prog during setup or initial run

13. path/file access error during setup