Lost AP/Pro system disks

Post by Jeffrey Kaufma » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I have a very lame customer who lost their Pick system disks. They are APPRO
6.1.15.pro113. I know that's old stuff. We were loading the M87 monitor
patch when we discovered the original disks were missing.

Does anyone know how to go about replacing those darn things? Can I just
download them off of the Pick web site or bulletin board?

Thanks in advance,

Jeffrey Kaufman
Key Data Systems Group
www.keydat.com

Lost AP/Pro system disks

Post by dalelb.. » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I know you can't down load the system diskette, but you can get all the
other ones.  But that isn't going to help you.

My only suggestion is to see if Pick can supply you with replacement
media.  Good luck though, AP has hit end of life, but who knows if the
new management will let the dead rise again.

If you plead with a whimper in your voice they may take pity on you, it
could help.

Best of luck,

Dale

Quote:> I have a very lame customer who lost their Pick system disks. They
are APPRO
> 6.1.15.pro113. I know that's old stuff. We were loading the M87
monitor
> patch when we discovered the original disks were missing.

> Does anyone know how to go about replacing those darn things? Can I
just
> download them off of the Pick web site or bulletin board?

> Thanks in advance,

> Jeffrey Kaufman
> Key Data Systems Group
> www.keydat.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Lost AP/Pro system disks

Post by Homer L. Haze » Sun, 16 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Greetings,

There may be hope.  One of the topics being bandied about at the World Wide
Pick Conference was extending the support life of AP/PRO.  You cannot buy
any new systems, but they are considering letting put the systems back under
maintenance.  It might be expensive though.

It's a shame you cannot just take somebody else's system disk and use that
to start the load.

Larry Hazel