Problems with Fpw2.6 apps on NT

Post by Geoff Daviso » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi All

We have successfully run fpw 2.6 apps on NT server networks with Win 95/98
clients.

Can anyone tell me if you can run Fpw 2.6 applications on an NT Network with
the workstations running NT client?  And if so are there any particular
pitfalls or difficulties that we should be aware of?

I know some of you will simply say "Why dont you re-write your apps in VFP",
however that is not an appropriate course of action for us in the short term
as we need to be able to support mixed platform sites.

TIA

Geoff

Problems with Fpw2.6 apps on NT

Post by Walter Meeste » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Can anyone tell me if you can run Fpw 2.6 applications on an NT Network
with
>the workstations running NT client?  And if so are there any particular
>pitfalls or difficulties that we should be aware of?

I've not experienced any difficulties by running FPW26 programs on WINNT 4.0
workstation.
A client runs about 15 workstations on NT and 5 on W95 with the same FPW
app. No problems here!

Regards, Walter

Problems with Fpw2.6 apps on NT

Post by Larry Huising » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

One thing that seems to kill FPW on Windows NT is to use the ??? command in an
attempt to bypass the Windows printer drivers and send data directly to a
printer.  NT doesn't allow you that kind of low-level access to the system via
FPW.

Larry Huisingh

> >Can anyone tell me if you can run Fpw 2.6 applications on an NT Network
> with
> >the workstations running NT client?  And if so are there any particular
> >pitfalls or difficulties that we should be aware of?

> I've not experienced any difficulties by running FPW26 programs on WINNT 4.0
> workstation.
> A client runs about 15 workstations on NT and 5 on W95 with the same FPW
> app. No problems here!

> Regards, Walter

1. FPW2.6 App in NT = Insufficient Memory

I have an app running (well not really running) on NT-Server 4.0. The
machine has 64 MB memory. When I start the app it tries to load but
eventually I get an insufficient memory message. I have decreased the
MVCOUNT to 2048 and increased the MEMLIMIT value from 80 to 90,95, and
99 without success. As I increase the MEMLIMIT the program seems to
get farther along before the error. The program will eventually load
regardless of the error and most things function except a large list
that contains client/contact names etc. The list is fairly large (1200
rows by 6 columns). This list can be scrolled but nothing can be
selected from it.

Any suggestions?

TIA
James E. Blatta
Manager, Agronomix Software, Inc.
P.O. Box 67, Portage la Prairie, MB
CANADA R1N 3B2

2. Australian Database Conference - 1992 - Melbourne

3. FPW2.6 App -> FPM 2.6a App

4. Trace Problems

5. Printing problem with FPW2.6 app and Win95

6. Performance EXISTS vs IN

7. FPW2.6 - printing problem in an APP

8. Online Database Classes

9. Help - FPW2.6 on Win NT 4.0 or any NT server

10. Credit Card Authorization APP for FPW2.6

11. Y2K Testing a FPW2.6 App

12. FPW2.6 app ==> VFP3 ??'s

13. FPW2.6 - 2 Apps run at once?