Builders, builders...

Builders, builders...

Post by Martin Sali » Fri, 28 Feb 1997 04:00:00



Hello, all.

I have a question for those of you that have experienced
with custom builders (in VFP 3.0).

How can I change the Class property of a textbox inside a
grid column? I already can change the rest of the
properties of the textbox, but I'm unable to change the
Class (and ClassLibrary, of course). I suppose that what I
have to do is copy the properties of the original textbox,
remove it, and add another textbox (of the class I want),
restoring the rest of the properties after that.
RemoveObject and AddObject don't seems to work at design
time, and I haven't found any equivalents.

Thanks in advance.

--
_________________________________________________________________

Merino Aller           Callao 232, 6to.11 (1022) Bs.As, Argentina

 
 
 

Builders, builders...

Post by Dan Freema » Sat, 01 Mar 1997 04:00:00


You won't find a way to change the class property.

I usually use WriteMethod() to insert the necessary AddObject() and
RemoveObject() calls into the column INIT methods.



Quote:> How can I change the Class property of a textbox inside a
> grid column? I already can change the rest of the
> properties of the textbox, but I'm unable to change the
> Class (and ClassLibrary, of course). I suppose that what I
> have to do is copy the properties of the original textbox,
> remove it, and add another textbox (of the class I want),
> restoring the rest of the properties after that.
> RemoveObject and AddObject don't seems to work at design
> time, and I haven't found any equivalents.


 
 
 

Builders, builders...

Post by Barbara Paltie » Mon, 03 Mar 1997 04:00:00


Hi, Martin:

If you already have your grids built, try going in and changing the base
class of your column.text1 to your custom control.  MAKE A BACKUP
FIRST!!!  Usually, you can drag in your own control in and deleted the
standard textbox BEFORE you add method code.

Barbara Paltiel
*********************************


> Hello, all.

> I have a question for those of you that have experienced
> with custom builders (in VFP 3.0).

> How can I change the Class property of a textbox inside a
> grid column? I already can change the rest of the
> properties of the textbox, but I'm unable to change the
> Class (and ClassLibrary, of course). I suppose that what I
> have to do is copy the properties of the original textbox,
> remove it, and add another textbox (of the class I want),
> restoring the rest of the properties after that.
> RemoveObject and AddObject don't seems to work at design
> time, and I haven't found any equivalents.

> Thanks in advance.

> --
> _________________________________________________________________

> Merino Aller           Callao 232, 6to.11 (1022) Bs.As, Argentina

 
 
 

Builders, builders...

Post by Martin Sali » Tue, 04 Mar 1997 04:00:00


Quote:>Hi, Martin:

>If you already have your grids built, try going in and
changing the base
>class of your column.text1 to your custom control.  MAKE A
BACKUP
>FIRST!!!  Usually, you can drag in your own control in and
deleted the
>standard textbox BEFORE you add method code.

Hi, lady.

Before the builders, I made a more tricky 'retoucher',
USEing the SCX anf changing the fields. Actually, is what
I'm doing now. But I think there must be some way of adding
(or removing) controls from a builder (didn't do it the VFP
builder's?).

Also, talking of twicking SCX/VCX. Does somebody know why
grid columns aren't handled as the rest of the object in
those files? I mean, there is no record for grid columns,
and instead they are defined as properties in the grid
record. This is really awful, isn't it?

Regards, my fairy!

--
_________________________________________________________________

Merino Aller           Callao 232, 6to.11 (1022) Bs.As, Argentina

 
 
 

Builders, builders...

Post by Barbara Paltie » Tue, 04 Mar 1997 04:00:00


Martin:  I agree that grids are probably the least well-designed control,
but that's partly because they can be customized so thoroughly.  If you
are using a particular builder, you can substitute your custom class in
place of the original control.  Look at BUILDER.DBF in the VFP/WIZARDS
directory.  Again, MAKE BACKUPS FIRST!!!

Barbara P.
**********************************


> Hi, lady.

> Before the builders, I made a more tricky 'retoucher',
> USEing the SCX anf changing the fields. Actually, is what
> I'm doing now. But I think there must be some way of adding
> (or removing) controls from a builder (didn't do it the VFP
> builder's?).

> Also, talking of twicking SCX/VCX. Does somebody know why
> grid columns aren't handled as the rest of the object in
> those files? I mean, there is no record for grid columns,
> and instead they are defined as properties in the grid
> record. This is really awful, isn't it?

> Regards, my fairy!

> --
> _________________________________________________________________

> Merino Aller           Callao 232, 6to.11 (1022) Bs.As, Argentina

 
 
 

1. X/Motif Database screen builder builder

I have a project where I will be using a standard X/Motif GUI builder
(such as X-Designer, UIMX, TeleUse, or something like that).  A
large sub-module of this program will be centered around standard
database retreival and update.  I would like to find a tool or X/Motif
widget that would allow me to easily build intelligent database screens
within a larger X application.  (i.e. I want the capabilities of a
Uniface like product, but I require a C level API to this
functionality; the database portion is not the driving force behind
the application, so I need to be able to fold this capability inside
a larger X program almost as though it were simply a 3rd party
widget.)  Is there such a tool?

========================================================================
Jo Pelkey                                   Phone: (509)375-6947
Battelle Pacific Northwest Labs             Fax:   (509)375-3641

P.O. Box 999
Richland, WA  99352
========================================================================

2. SQL to recreate grants

3. Query Builder or SQL Builder

4. Problem with DLL function!

5. Developer Oracle / Dba - Curriculum Vitae - form builder / report builder

6. Partitions and non-Enterprise Edition of AS

7. Beta: SQL::Builder -- an OO SQL builder Perl module

8. How do I make a report start a new page for a new vendor-code ?

9. Report builder / query builder

10. Interogation SQL / Form Builder for VB & Sybase (and run time Query builder)

11. RI builder - "There are no registered builders of this type"

12. Use query builder for combo box row source

13. Data access through OLEDB for Delphi and C++ Builder