Looking for info on Unidata db

Post by Matt Brosi » Sat, 17 Dec 1994 05:40:23

I'm looking for any information on Unidata db, comments thoughts, horror
stories, glory stories. I'm conducting a thorough analysis of the db vs.
Oracle and Progress.

--

Matt Brosious at H B A -- Hamilton Brosious Associates
Professional Services for the professional Audio and Video industry

Post by Joe Rabins » Sun, 25 Dec 1994 17:45:24

>I'm looking for any information on Unidata db, comments thoughts,
horror
>stories, glory stories. I'm conducting a thorough analysis of the db
vs.
>Oracle and Progress.

>--

>Matt Brosious at H B A -- Hamilton Brosious Associates
>Professional Services for the professional Audio and Video industry

I have read, and understand, that Unidata can intergrate very well into
an existing environment of serveral databases including Foxpro, Ingres,
Sybase, etc., for file sharing/updating capabilities.  This info. could
be better explained by Unidata themselves, but my personal experience
with it has been a positive one!  Unlike other Pick-like databases,
Unidata runs similar to a traditional Pick-based system where you pretty
much just put it out there and it works.  Oh sure, every Unix -based
system will need its share of tuning, but there's very little to do for
a Unidata database.  If this analysis you're doing influences the
decision of a conversion from a pick-based ?? to a non-pick database,
you should strongly consider taking a look at ALL of Unidata's products
that make up a total solution!

1. Any info on Unidata's DB

My university recently had an adminstrative software package demonstrated that
runs on a Unidata Database.  Does anyone have any experience with Unidata?
(good or bad).  The name of the software package was Collegue from Datatel.
The software looks good but being the DBA I am most concerned with the Database
engine.  We would be running it under Vax VMS.

Thanks in Advance

Jon O'Donnell
DBA
Edinboro University

(814)732-2931

2. Native BDE driver for Clipper and FoxPro

3. Looking for info on db synch

4. @@microsoftversion

5. Looking for info on ADO and OLE DB

6. Text and the + operator???

7. Looking for info on db synch

8. (no subject)

9. info-unidata Mailing List

10. Request for info on Unidata

11. Need info on UniData on RS6000

12. General Unidata info required please