X/Motif Database screen builder builder

Post by JE Pelk » Fri, 04 Jun 1993 01:29:04

I have a project where I will be using a standard X/Motif GUI builder
(such as X-Designer, UIMX, TeleUse, or something like that).  A
large sub-module of this program will be centered around standard
database retreival and update.  I would like to find a tool or X/Motif
widget that would allow me to easily build intelligent database screens
within a larger X application.  (i.e. I want the capabilities of a
Uniface like product, but I require a C level API to this
functionality; the database portion is not the driving force behind
the application, so I need to be able to fold this capability inside
a larger X program almost as though it were simply a 3rd party
widget.)  Is there such a tool?

Jo Pelkey                                   Phone: (509)375-6947
Battelle Pacific Northwest Labs             Fax:   (509)375-3641

P.O. Box 999
Richland, WA  99352

Post by shirl.. » Sat, 05 Jun 1993 00:51:34

> I have a project where I will be using a standard X/Motif GUI builder
> (such as X-Designer, UIMX, TeleUse, or something like that).  A
> large sub-module of this program will be centered around standard
> database retreival and update.  I would like to find a tool or X/Motif
> widget that would allow me to easily build intelligent database screens
> within a larger X application.  (i.e. I want the capabilities of a
> Uniface like product, but I require a C level API to this
> functionality; the database portion is not the driving force behind
> the application, so I need to be able to fold this capability inside
> a larger X program almost as though it were simply a 3rd party
> widget.)  Is there such a tool?

> Jo Pelkey                                   Phone: (509)375-6947
> Battelle Pacific Northwest Labs             Fax:   (509)375-3641

> P.O. Box 999
> Richland, WA  99352

There is a product called dbViewer that allows you to build Motif screens
in front of Sybase databases.  It has a point-and-click style
interface, and lets you browse and edit the database.
It only works on Sybase, however.  It also allows you to programmatically
edit the application via a c library.  If you want more info

1. Scrolling in a screen built by the screen builder

I have a need to build a screen that has allows a portion of it to be scrolled.
I used the screen builder to generate all the labels, etc., but there is a
section that needs to scroll up and down.  In other words, part of the screen
will not be visible, but will scroll up and down when needed.  I would like
the top portion of the scrolling to region to disappear as it scrolls down and
reappear as it scrolls up.  The bottom part of the scrolling region would have
to exhibit this same behaviour.

Is it possible to set this up with the screen builder, or do I need to do the
scrolling in some validation routines?  Any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for any and all replies or clues on how to quickly accomplish this.

   Scott Johnson
   Digital Equipment Corporation
   Colorado Springs, Co

2. Local CE insert solved - kinda

3. Convert old-style screens to screen builder?

4. Detecting changes (Transaction log)

5. Query Builder or SQL Builder

6. (Q): SQL-Queries

7. Developer Oracle / Dba - Curriculum Vitae - form builder / report builder

8. error 1058

9. Beta: SQL::Builder -- an OO SQL builder Perl module

10. Builders, builders...

11. Report builder / query builder

12. Screen builder for D3/AIX 7.1

13. Screen Builder for Pick