Q:Can I use BC++ 4.5 with FPW2.6?

Post by Odd Skjaevela » Sat, 15 Jul 1995 04:00:00

The FP Library Construction Kit recommends Microsoft C and Watcom C.
Borland C is not mentioned (although the Turbo De* is). May be
because older Borland C was a 16 bit compiler. The new compiler (v4.5)
is supposed to be a true 32 compiler. Can I use it with FoxPro 2.6?

Odd Skjaeveland

--
Odd Skjaeveland

Q:Can I use BC++ 4.5 with FPW2.6?

Post by Odd Skjaevela » Sun, 16 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Can I use my BC++ 4.5 with FoxPro 2.6 ?
The Distribution Kit seems to advocate Microsoft C (surprise) and
Watcom as the only third party compiler. The reason may be that
BC used to be 16 bit only, but the new version 4.5 is a true 32 bit
compiler(?).
FoxPro library files are *.FLL which is supposed to have the same
structure as *.DLL's, according to the manual. Does this mean that
I can simply rename DLL's produced by my BC++ 4.5 kit to FLL?

--

Post by Brian Clever » Mon, 17 Jul 1995 04:00:00

writes:

>The FP Library Construction Kit recommends Microsoft C and Watcom C.
>Borland C is not mentioned (although the Turbo De* is). May be
>because older Borland C was a 16 bit compiler. The new compiler (v4.5)
>is supposed to be a true 32 compiler. Can I use it with FoxPro 2.6?

>Odd Skjaeveland

>--
>Odd Skjaeveland

Hi Odd,

If you have Web access, go to the FoxIO web page.  They have an article
there that details what is needed to use Borland C++.

Their URL is:

        http://www.veryComputer.com/

You will find many interesting items there.

Hope this helps,

Brian Cleverly
Anzam Software
Sacramento,  CA

1. Q:Can I use BC++ 4.5 with FPW2.6

Can I use my BC++ 4.5 with FoxPro 2.6 ?
The Distribution Kit seems to advocate Microsoft C (surprise) and
Watcom as the only third party compiler. The reason may be that
BC used to be 16 bit only, but the new version 4.5 is a true 32 bit
compiler(?).
FoxPro library files are *.FLL which is supposed to have the same
structure as *.DLL's, according to the manual. Does this mean that
I can simply rename DLL's produced by my BC++ 4.5 kit to FLL?

Odd Skjaeveland

--
Odd Skjaeveland

2. Sybase, Informix, and Oracle comparison

3. 32-bit programming using BC++ 4.5, BDE and/or Delphi

4. Type Mismatch Using ADO Data control

5. !!! Paradox, IDAPI and BC 4.5 C++ !!!

6. PARADOX REPORTING - TOUGH?

7. Compiling ESQL/C with BC++ 4.5 & NT

8. Help SQL2000

9. Reading .DBF from BC 4.5 BDE

10. Simply connet Bc++ builder and Access or Word

11. BC++3.1 vs BC++4.5

12. Upgrade SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0 using SBS 4.0a to SBS 4.5 on different servers

13. Anybody using Paradox 4.5 with VB 3.0?