D3 <--> Java, PHP, Python, Perl....

Post by Christophe Marcha » Sat, 16 Dec 2000 16:45:27

Hi,

I see more and more people who want to work with D3 from other langages like
Java, PHP, ...
I've done few works on this since beginning of the year, and I think about
sharing my work with you.

So what do you think of an open source projet about this ?
Are you interrested ??

Christophe

D3 <--> Java, PHP, Python, Perl....

Post by Larry Kessle » Sun, 17 Dec 2000 12:09:50

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000 08:45:27 +0100, "Christophe Marchal"

>I see more and more people who want to work with D3 from other langages like
>Java, PHP, ...
>I've done few works on this since beginning of the year, and I think about
>sharing my work with you.

>So what do you think of an open source projet about this ?
>Are you interrested ??

I would be very interested, even though I have nothing to share in
this area...

D3 <--> Java, PHP, Python, Perl....

Post by Tony Gravagn » Sun, 17 Dec 2000 17:00:29

Just look in Deja.  For the last couple of years we've posted code for
connectivity for D3 to almost everything else out there.  All you have to do is
find the code, refine it, then sell it.

Makes me think... we've never talked seriously about an AS400 interface in here?
Anyone with AS400 experience wanna discuss an interface?

Tony

> On Fri, 15 Dec 2000 08:45:27 +0100, "Christophe Marchal"

> >I see more and more people who want to work with D3 from other langages like
> >Java, PHP, ...
> >I've done few works on this since beginning of the year, and I think about
> >sharing my work with you.

> >So what do you think of an open source projet about this ?
> >Are you interrested ??

> I would be very interested, even though I have nothing to share in
> this area...

D3 <--> Java, PHP, Python, Perl....

Post by Glen Batchel » Thu, 21 Dec 2000 06:46:50

Quote:>Just look in Deja.  For the last couple of years we've posted code for
>connectivity for D3 to almost everything else out there.  All you have to do is
>find the code, refine it, then sell it.

>Makes me think... we've never talked seriously about an AS400 interface in here?
>Anyone with AS400 experience wanna discuss an interface?

  How about a universal connectivity method? :)

*cough* RFC

       Glen

>Tony

>> On Fri, 15 Dec 2000 08:45:27 +0100, "Christophe Marchal"

>> >I see more and more people who want to work with D3 from other langages like
>> >Java, PHP, ...
>> >I've done few works on this since beginning of the year, and I think about
>> >sharing my work with you.

>> >So what do you think of an open source projet about this ?
>> >Are you interrested ??

>> I would be very interested, even though I have nothing to share in
>> this area...

D3 <--> Java, PHP, Python, Perl....

Post by Christophe Marcha » Thu, 21 Dec 2000 21:39:37

Hi,

I don't know if you are serious or just kidding, but what I offer is a
universal connectivity method
with one server running into D3, written in Basic, and clients written in
various langage (all you want, even AS400)
It is already working with Java and PHP.

Christophe

> >Just look in Deja.  For the last couple of years we've posted code for
> >connectivity for D3 to almost everything else out there.  All you have to
do is
> >find the code, refine it, then sell it.

> >Makes me think... we've never talked seriously about an AS400 interface
in here?
> >Anyone with AS400 experience wanna discuss an interface?

>   How about a universal connectivity method? :)

> *cough* RFC

>        Glen

> >Tony

> >> On Fri, 15 Dec 2000 08:45:27 +0100, "Christophe Marchal"

> >> I would be very interested, even though I have nothing to share in
> >> this area...

D3 <--> Java, PHP, Python, Perl....

Post by John Ben » Sun, 24 Dec 2000 10:18:02

Christophe,

I would be very interested in your Pick D3 -> Java implementation. I have
been working on something in this line myself (Java objects to surface a D3
interface). Still early days I'm afraid as this is a hobby project.

John Bend.

> Hi,

> I don't know if you are serious or just kidding, but what I offer is a
> universal connectivity method
> with one server running into D3, written in Basic, and clients written in
> various langage (all you want, even AS400)
> It is already working with Java and PHP.

> Christophe

> > >Just look in Deja.  For the last couple of years we've posted code for
> > >connectivity for D3 to almost everything else out there.  All you have
> do is
> > >find the code, refine it, then sell it.

> > >Makes me think... we've never talked seriously about an AS400 interface
> in here?
> > >Anyone with AS400 experience wanna discuss an interface?

> >   How about a universal connectivity method? :)

> > *cough* RFC

> >        Glen

> > >Tony

> langages like
> about

1. D3 + Python + CGI <=> web

Web gurus,

Instead of flashconnect, is it viable to use
    PYTHON + CGI
to communicate in linux and then use
    D3 BASIC program in background
    eg. %open
        loop
           %read
           %write
        repeat
to communicate with D3 application programs.

Any suggestions, idea, drawback and hints are very much appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. DTS to Excel, Overwrite Vs. Append

3. Language evolution C->Perl->C++->Java->Python (Is Python the ULTIMATE of languages??)

4. XML and JAVA 2

5. Informix IDS2000 and Zope/Python/Perl/PHP on Linux

6. Connecting to Sybase for Linux

7. PHP/Python/Perl with a Progress Database

8. BDE

9. <<<RDBMS/UNIX/SYBASE ENGINEERS WANTED>>>>Oakland, CA

10. >>>>>---- BETA TESTERS WANTED -------<<<<<<<

11. >>>>>> Attention CTO Candidates <<<<<<