Installing & configuring the VFP odbc driver

Installing & configuring the VFP odbc driver

Post by Mark Zytyns » Thu, 25 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I want to automatically install the latest vfp odbc driver
on a remote pc together with DSN & Path information.  I
believe the ODBCCONF.EXE program can do this - has anybody
used it? How do I use it?

TIA

Mark Z

Installing & configuring the VFP odbc driver

Post by Geoffrey M. Inge » Sun, 05 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Did you find anything on this?  In the VFP help perhaps or the MS Knowledge
Base?  I am interested in this also.

Geoff

Quote:> I want to automatically install the latest vfp odbc driver
> on a remote pc together with DSN & Path information.  I
> believe the ODBCCONF.EXE program can do this - has anybody
> used it? How do I use it?

[snip]

1. Installing and configuring ODBC drivers

    Hi,

        How can I install and configure ODBC DSN's without passing through
the ODBC
    window in the Control Panel? By functions or DOS, or executables, or
INI's ... ??
        I am coding a Windows installation program, and I need to install
and configure
    data sources ( SQL Server, text, and DBase ). I am using InstallShield.

                    Please help me !

Francky

2. CURRENT_USER, MS-SQL Server (Q)

3. Need to install the latest ODBC driver for VFP

4. query is too complex

5. ODBC Driver for VFP DBCs & DBFs

6. OWS and Extranet

7. VFP & Oracle ODBC drivers

8. ODBC for Oracle doesn't work in WindowsME

9. Installing ODBC drivers, & setting up BDE aliases

10. Install & Configure Oracle db

11. ODBC driver error while configuring and working

12. unable to configure ODBC driver SQL Server

13. Setup Failed - Unable to configure ODBC driver SQL Server