PDOXWIN: design/capability question

Post by Jonathan Fi » Thu, 26 Aug 1993 04:45:23

I have 2 tables with a 1 to many relationship.  I want to present a
form to the user to input data into the single record + one or more
linked records.  My question is: if the user has entered the data for
the single record and a bunch of linked records, how would I throw away
this data, if the user were to click a cancel button?  The data in the
single record is fairly straight forward, since it hasn't been committed
yet.  The multiple records in the linked table are my problem.  I guess
I could search for these records that have been committed and delete
them, but I can't help but think there must be an easier way.

I'm using PDOXWIN.  Is there something like:

start transaction
  permit data entry of single record
  permit data entry of multiple linked records
  If user clicks CANCEL
    abort transaction (automatically throws away data in single rec and
                       all data in all linked recs)
    exit
  endif
end transaction (commit all data)

Any pointers would be appreciated.
--
         /                       / /                  Jonathan File c/o
        /                    ___/_/_                  Bell-Northern Research

1. Q: PdoxWin 5.0 SQL capabilities, and general questions...

What sort of SQL support is built in to Pdox 5.0? I have never used
the SQL-Link add-on in previous versions, but from looking at the 5.0
box it appears that SQL support is built in. Is this true? If so, is
it pretty complete?

I have often wondered what is the best Paradox approach to multi-step
queries/reports. This is the main reason I would like good SQL support
built in: I have found it is simply not possible to conveniently
execute in one step in Pdox many queries that can be easily written in
a single SQL command. I always end up having to create temporary
intermediate tables, etc., which makes it harder to encapsuate complex
queries, and reports based on their results.

But anyway...I'd appreciate any thoughts and comments on the
above...as well as SQL info for ver 5.0 !

TIA (please e-mail responses)

2. Sql 7 setup failure

3. Design for text search capability

4. SQL Challenge

5. Lotus Notes Design Capabilities

6. Want to show *s in password GET field.

7. Trouble with Form design in pdoxwin 4.5

8. performance hit with --enable-debug

9. INFORMIX Capabilities question

10. ACE v/s SQL: query result outputting capability question

11. 7.1 triggering capability question

12. PAradox capabilities question