Inormix 7.3 installation on Win2k pro fails!

Inormix 7.3 installation on Win2k pro fails!

Post by Markus Bart » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hello colleagues!

Thanks for all answers to help me choose the database.
I've chosen Informix because we already HAVE a Informix Dynamic Server 7.30
for NT4.

My machine's running Win2k pro.
The installation procedure always exits with the error: "You are not member
of the group Administrators"
BUT I AM! On the Server and on my machine - I have admin rights!

Well, any ideas?

Did not come very far when consultig informix.com - seems like their search
engine never heard of Win2k ;-) ?

thanks in advance for any help .

Markus

Post by Art S. Kage » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> Hello colleagues!

> Thanks for all answers to help me choose the database.
> I've chosen Informix because we already HAVE a Informix Dynamic Server 7.30
> for NT4.

> My machine's running Win2k pro.
> The installation procedure always exits with the error: "You are not member
> of the group Administrators"
> BUT I AM! On the Server and on my machine - I have admin rights!

> Well, any ideas?

> Did not come very far when consultig informix.com - seems like their search
> engine never heard of Win2k ;-) ?

Hi, Markus you would be better served to post to comp.databases.informix
where there are lots of Informix types.  I believe you need a version
upgrade to run on Win2K.  Contact Informix.  If you have support and are
upgrading your server to Win2K the version upgrade should be free.

Art S. Kagel