Browse behavior after reposition: why a click makes it scroll back ?

Browse behavior after reposition: why a click makes it scroll back ?

Post by W.Ever » Sat, 12 May 2001 07:08:49

version 9.0.

I have a Browse whith it's "multiple-selection" attribute set to "true".

Based on some choice of the user I'm looking up a ROWID and I put it in
variable "my-rowid".

I apply the following to the Browse:

 reposition {&BROWSE-NAME} to rowid my-rowid  .
{&BROWSE-NAME}:SELECT-FOCUSED-ROW ( ).

This highlights the looked-up row in the Browse.
Now I want the user to be able to double-click this row to get some detail
of it.

Here I have a problem.

In a situation where the selected row would be outside the original view of
the browse (so the browse would have to have scrolled to it to bring it into
view ) the following happens:
As soon as the highlighted row is clicked, the browse scrolls back to its
original view.  To the effect that your second click is applied to a wrong
row.

My question is: how can you prevent Progress from scrolling back to its
original position when you click on a browse after a REPOSITION.

Thanks for any help.

Browse behavior after reposition: why a click makes it scroll back ?

Post by DRY COMPUTER SR » Sat, 19 May 2001 22:20:55

Hi,

Normally Progress does not scroll back to its original position when you
click on the highlighted row after reposition!!

If you execute "GET CURRENT QueryName" or "CURRENT-RESULT-ROW("QueryName")
",
do you see the correct record? (that is: are browse and query sincronized ?)

Perhaps have you got any trigger like "ON ENTRY OF BrowseName" or similar
which executes an "APPLY HOME TO BrowseName" or any other that repositions
again your browse to its original position?

If not, please write again!

Best regards

Stefania Cresta
DRY Computer srl