Data access & reporting trends

Post by Seth Grime » Sat, 25 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I'm doing an article on data access & reporting trends.  There's obvious
stuff that many/all the vendors are implementing like Web interfaces,
application servers with scheduling capabilities and thin clients,
object-based user and developer interfaces, blah-blah.  Anyone out there
have any perspectives on these areas or other, newer stuff like push, XML
(extensible markup language), and integration with object-relational DBMSes
or areas I haven't thought of?  I'd welcome any pointers on what vendors
are doing including stuff that's not out yet.

Thanks,

                                        Seth

--
Seth Grimes   Alta Plana   Internet & database design & development

Post by John Murph » Tue, 28 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> I'm doing an article on data access & reporting trends.  .....

What about prefabricated data mart applications for general use?

John

1. How can I trend Access data in VB?

Try MSGRAPH 5.0 OLE Container in tour App

Umesh S. Limaye'
Research Engineer
College of Engineering
Utah State University
Logan UT 84322-4100

Voice : (801) 797 3533
Fax   : (801) 797 1185

2. Packing a Table

3. HELP: Trend reporting

4. Restore to new server with different sort order

5. JDBC: NLS Conversion on Oracle 8i

6. VB6 Data Environment & Data Report

7. Scrooling in ListView

8. help w/ data evironment & data reports

9. Data Report & ADO Data Control

10. under paid developer + market trends & salary info

11. salary trends -dba's & developers