Looking for Help: wIntegrate and WIN95 via DDE

Looking for Help: wIntegrate and WIN95 via DDE

Post by Jim Ko » Mon, 14 Oct 1996 04:00:00

WIll be starting a project that will be exporting data from the UNIDATA file
system to ACCESS for use in windows development. I am looking for someone who
would share experience, and or answer a few question via Email.

Thanks
Jim

Jim Koca Computer Consultant      Telephone: 630.629.5589

Post by rula.. » Tue, 15 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>WIll be starting a project that will be exporting data from the UNIDATA file
>system to ACCESS for use in windows development. I am looking for someone who
>would share experience, and or answer a few question via Email.
>Thanks
>Jim

>Jim Koca Computer Consultant      Telephone: 630.629.5589

You can't get there from here! I've tried!
There is not a way for winegrate to send data via DDE to ACCESS, you
MUST send it through visual basic. This is strait from Mircosoft,
There is a number to get a return fax, but I don't remember it.
-------------------

-------------------

Post by Jackie Burha » Tue, 15 Oct 1996 04:00:00

: WIll be starting a project that will be exporting data from the UNIDATA file
: system to ACCESS for use in windows development. I am looking for someone who
: would share experience, and or answer a few question via Email.

Fire away at will. We have certainly demo'd this to death and there
are many ways to do it. Hopefully I or someone else here at Unidata can help
with a few questions.

Jackie Burhans
Unidata, Inc.

P.S. Plus there are a number of other users of wIntegrate on the
cdp group who may be able to pipe in when you have specific issues.

Post by Les Fergus » Sat, 19 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>>WIll be starting a project that will be exporting data from the UNIDATA file
>>system to ACCESS for use in windows development. I am looking for someone who
>>would share experience, and or answer a few question via Email.
>You can't get there from here! I've tried!
>There is not a way for winegrate to send data via DDE to ACCESS, you
>MUST send it through visual basic. This is strait from Mircosoft,
>There is a number to get a return fax, but I don't remember it.

Have you tried Uni/ODBC ?  This is a little tricky to configure, but
once you get it going you have a direct ODBC database connection to
Unidata.  I have used this in VB with a standard ODBC OpenDatabase
command, so I expect that it should be usable by Access as well.

This assumes you have the UniODBC drivers & setup programs installed
on the PC, and have a Uniserver database server configured & running
on your Unix system.  If so, I can give you a run-thru on how I got it
all going.

Later,
//\\ Les Ferguson      www.i-max.co.nz/~lhf             //\\

Looking for Help: wIntegrate and WIN95 via DDE

Post by Rene M. Esquive » Wed, 23 Oct 1996 04:00:00

You may not be able to use wIntegrate, but I have used VIA Systems VIA DUCT
to transfer data directly from a PICK Host to a custom form designed in MS
Access via DDE and it worked just fine! However, the speed of your
connection greatly influences the speed of the data transfer. If your on a
network this should work fast. If your using a serial connection it'll be
slow. If you're interest in knowing how I did it drop me a line. Like I
said, I did it using VIA DUCT and it was very easy. I would expect
wIntegrate to work but I can't say that I've tried it, but I know the
process of how to do it and if wIntegrate is a Window App it just may work.

Rene M. Esquivel

> >>WIll be starting a project that will be exporting data from the UNIDATA
file
> >>system to ACCESS for use in windows development. I am looking for
someone who
> >>would share experience, and or answer a few question via Email.

> >You can't get there from here! I've tried!
> >There is not a way for winegrate to send data via DDE to ACCESS, you
> >MUST send it through visual basic. This is strait from Mircosoft,
> >There is a number to get a return fax, but I don't remember it.

1. FPW 2.6: Ikons via DDE in Win95

In  the setup-program of my application I insert in Windows 3.1 the
program-group and the ikons via DDE with progman (creategroup, additem
...).

In Windows 95 this don't works well.

How I can add ikons in Windows 95?
How I can check for existing ikons?
How I can add ikons to the start-menu?

2. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (stack dump)

3. Sending data to wIntegrate using DDE

4. lost cd

5. Help for dde winword / demande d'aide sur dde winword

6. Tor: Web Site Designer $50k - $55k/year + 7% + 6%

7. Via vs: wIntegrate import

8. One of Multiple DBs

9. wIntegrate to host via proxy

10. Looking for advanced wIntegrate users

11. Trouble w/Decimals in excel data transfer from Universe via wIntegrate

12. DDE, Paradox, and Win95