PD-OODBS

Post by Tanja Schweyhe » Fri, 02 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi there,

For my thesis I need to use an OODBS to store persistent objects
of an object-oriented application which is programmed
in Java.
There's no budget to acquire a licence for Objectivity
or another "big" OODBS.
Does anyone know a public domain - OODBS
with Java language support?

Thanks in advance,
Tanja

PD-OODBS

Post by ?? » Fri, 02 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi there,

>For my thesis I need to use an OODBS to store persistent objects
>of an object-oriented application which is programmed
>in Java.
>There's no budget to acquire a licence for Objectivity
>or another "big" OODBS.
>Does anyone know a public domain - OODBS
>with Java language support?

>Thanks in advance,
>Tanja

Tanja:

Have you checked the Cetus site for free db software?

http://www.rhein-neckar.de/~cetus/top_databases_repositories.html

How long are you working on your thesis (i.e. a few months or years?) If it
is short-term, you may be able to get a low-cost or even free evaluation
license from one of the OODB vendors. I did this for my PhD and kindly
received help from Object Design, Objectivity and UniSQL - may work for you
too! :-)

akmal

--
email: akmal(at)bigfoot(dot)com
http://www.bigfoot.com/~akmal/

1. Need help MS-DOS PD to NT 4.0 PD DBs

A non-profit group that I am helping needs some help in Houston, Texas.

They need someone who is familiar with Paradox 7.0 and the older
versions under MS-DOS.   They need support  in extending and developing
a Financial Supporters Database.

They are running on NT 4.0 with Paradox 7.0.

E-mail to AC Conrad, or telephone to Inprint, Inc. 713.521.2026

Thanks.

2. IMPORT comma delimited file problem

3. PD Case Tool or PD ER Designer

4. Status 2 with workstation engine accessing files on Netware 3.12

5. anyone have oodbs recommendations for use with vb5

6. Help! FOXUSER.DBF ckval

7. problems with OODBS Jasmine-persistentJava

8. Restoring the publisher from the subscriber

9. The Mathematical Foundation of OODBs (XDb)

10. OODBS Schema Implementation

11. job available: heterogeneous DBs / OODBs

12. Looking for info on OODBs

13. OODBs: DB size + levels of concurrency