dBase Resourse File Error ???

Post by Peter Cormi » Wed, 10 Feb 1993 01:30:24

While trying to run dBase IV 1.5 from inside Windows I recieved the
following message. Can anyone please tell me what this message means ?

Resourse File Error.: dbase1.res
*** dBase IV initialization error

  Atlantic Computer Institute  -   Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

1. DBASE III- having problems reading dBASE files to VB

Is there an easy way to read dBASE III files into VB?.
I have a dBASE III+ file called mcwefile with four fields
examname  40 characters
examid 6 characters
correctans 50 characters
nq 2 characters

there are five records in the file. When I use the opendatabase
procedure i get some of the fileds but the rest is garbage.

has anyone had a similar problem reading dBASEIII files to VB and
has anyone worked out a simple procedure for accomplishing this task

2. MSQurey crashes when connecting to SQL7

3. Converting dbase IV files to dbase 3+

4. Superbase developers

5. Exporting dBASE IV memo field to ASCII file without using dbase IV

6. DAO & Access 2000

7. Dbase 5 files and Dbase memo field problems

8. SQL quiz

9. DTS IMPORT ERROR FOR DBASE III FILE

10. DTS delete from dBase file error!

11. Error opening dbase files - HELP

12. Error 3170 while opening a DBASE IV file with VB3.0 Standard

13. Error with JDBC with dBase files