file conversion... 4D --> Access 95 ??

Post by will rhode » Thu, 09 Oct 1997 04:00:00

hello..

  My friend is sending me a 4D file, mac ....attached mail
  (i assume? using older ver. of 4D)

  And on my end, I have Access 7.0 (95) ..and have not been
  able to open the file.  (tho he did send a basic delimited version of
the file that Excel could open)

 - Is there a way he can save the 4D file in a specific way...
   so i can open it in Access 7.0?

 - is there a conversion utility that can do the trick?

 - any other suggestions?

 - it is.. a fairly basic name,address,phone,etc,etc,etc, list

          Thanks, if you can help.

                 - Will Rhodes

file conversion... 4D --> Access 95 ??

Post by Albert D. Kalla » Wed, 15 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> hello..
>   And on my end, I have Access 7.0 (95) ..and have not been
>   able to open the file.  (tho he did send a basic delimited version of
> the file that Excel could open)

>  - is there a conversion utility that can do the trick?

Save the File that Excel could open....Access will import a Excel table.

Albert D. Kallal
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

1. Access 95/97 - Access II Conversion

I'm writing a VB app that will read/write data from an Access
database. The app needs to run on Win 3.1/NT3.51/95/98/NT4 and
therefore I need to store the database in the lowest common
denominators format. VB 4 16-bit can read Access II databases but I
only have 95/97. Is there a utility that can transfer the data from
95/97 to Access II.

I have tried the Data Manager in VB 4 without any success as it
doesn't allow you to import date. Access 97 allows you to open a
database produced in VB 4 data manager but it won't let you import
comma delineated text into it.

I'm completely stumped. Any help would be gratefully received.

regards,
ben

2. Database Properties

3. Conversion Access 95 to Access 2000

4. Error Message When Running Distribution Task

5. 4D v1 -> v2 conversion

6. Visual Studio .NET

7. Access 95 ---> Access 97

8. Full - text Indexing support