Migrate from oracle express 5.01 to express 6.0 server for windows NT

Migrate from oracle express 5.01 to express 6.0 server for windows NT

Post by Ivan Mastropasqu » Fri, 11 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi all,
I have created an express database with version 5.01, and now I want to
upgrade to version 6.0. I perform the following operation:
- export all 5.01 database objects to eif file;
- Create a new  6.0 database and then import the file in advance exported;
- Reinstall all database objects with express Administrator 2.02.
But after starting a briefing created with analyzer 2.02 connected to
express 6.0, from a client with remote SNAPI, the system seems to load
something forever and freezes up.
Please Help me to fix this problem,
Thanks in Advance.

--

Delos S.p.A.

Post by Jury Witschni » Sat, 12 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> Hi all,
> I have created an express database with version 5.01, and now I want to
> upgrade to version 6.0. I perform the following operation:
> - export all 5.01 database objects to eif file;
> - Create a new  6.0 database and then import the file in advance exported;
> - Reinstall all database objects with express Administrator 2.02.
> But after starting a briefing created with analyzer 2.02 connected to
> express 6.0, from a client with remote SNAPI, the system seems to load
> something forever and freezes up.
> Please Help me to fix this problem,
> Thanks in Advance.

> --

> Delos S.p.A.

Hi Ivan,

maybe you should have a look on the Express option
_UPDATEOLDVERS and its settings.

Jury Witschnig
c/o Institut fuer BWL, FML - Weihenstephan
Voettinger Str. 41, D - 85350 Freising-Weihenstephan
Tel.:  +49-(0)8161-713542,  Fax.: -715030

For international calls drop the zero.

Migrate from oracle express 5.01 to express 6.0 server for windows NT

Post by WebMaster AlphaCentaur » Tue, 15 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hello Ivan

Please could u be more precise when u say u are re-intalling objects with
admin 2.02
When exporting all the FullDesc follow each object and some properties
could be NOT on line
with a new (or not proper) XPDDDATA.
So please check FullDesc of some objects and XPDDDATA variables.

Has u are certainly aware is that the XPDDDATA.DB database is something
"""unpleasant"""
(We are using a lot of quotes because we Haste XPDDDATA ... but u know tha
in the future ...)
Give a look to XPDDDATA

Do not hesitate to direct E-Mail Us
Regards

The Alpha Centauri Team
We bring Excellence to Express Users

> Hi all,
> I have created an express database with version 5.01, and now I want to
> upgrade to version 6.0. I perform the following operation:
> - export all 5.01 database objects to eif file;
> - Create a new  6.0 database and then import the file in advance
exported;
> - Reinstall all database objects with express Administrator 2.02.
> But after starting a briefing created with analyzer 2.02 connected to
> express 6.0, from a client with remote SNAPI, the system seems to load
> something forever and freezes up.
> Please Help me to fix this problem,
> Thanks in Advance.

> --

> Delos S.p.A.

1. Migrate from personal express 5.01 to express 6.0 server for windows NT

Hi all,
I have created an express database with version 5.01, and now I want to
upgrade to version 6.0. I perform the following operation:
- export all 5.01 database objects to eif file;
- Create a new  6.0 database and then import the file in advance exported;
- Reinstall all database objects with express Administrator 2.02.
But after starting a briefing created with analyzer 2.02 connected to
express 6.0, from a client with remote SNAPI, the system seems to load
something forever and freezes up.
Please Help me to fix this problem,
Thanks in Advance.
--

Delos S.p.A.
Via Lorenteggio, 257
20152 Milano
tel.  +39 2 48366291
fax. +39 2 48366298

2. Using Wildcards with Variables

3. Comparation: Express over Nt vs Express over Unix

4. Merge replication problem

5. Oracle Express Project And Oracle Express Database Programmer

6. Print Preview in FoxPro 2.6

7. Oracle Express Project And Oracle Express Programmer

8. passing arrays into stored procedures

9. Help : Express Admin connect Express server

10. Call external DLL from Express 6.0 NT

11. Oracle Express Server 6.2 on NT

12. Optimal Hardware for Oracle 8 and Express on NT server