Need Pick Reporting Help

Post by glove.. » Thu, 19 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I will start off by saying I know virtually nothing about the Pick database.

Now

A former associate of mine went to work for a company who just bought
a system running on Pick in a SCO UNIX environment on an VAX 4xxx.
The system they bought offers virtually no management query(point & click)
type reporting.  They want this functionality.  I believe that the version of
Pick they have does not have any ODBC drivers loaded.
Is it possible to use a third party reporting tool, maybe Crystal Reports, to
give them this functionality.

Any thoughts at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Need Pick Reporting Help

Post by Jim Robert » Thu, 19 Oct 1995 04:00:00

>I will start off by saying I know virtually nothing about the Pick database.

>I believe that the version of
>Pick they have does not have any ODBC drivers loaded.
>Is it possible to use a third party reporting tool, maybe >Crystal Reports, to
>give them this functionality.

>Any thoughts at all would be greatly appreciated.

Well now. 1 I don't believe that the native Pick ODBC drivers
are available from Pick Systems Yet.

You could try Liberty Software they have just what you need
however they are a bit pricey.

They require 1 to 2 days on site to setup the software. +
airfare

-------

James Roberts Computer Consulting            708/658-9409
-------

1. Need to pick random rows for drug test report

I need to pull a number of employee records out of a database randomly to
choose for drug testing.

The # of returned records needs to be scaleable, and should work for
employee lists from 10 to 8,000 employees (!!).

I am thinking assigning everyone a # sequencially in the DB, then using RAND
with no seed converted to INT, then do it until it finds the # of rows
within the total # of employees.

Any advice would be great,

-Mike

2. ConText Option Workbench problem

3. Need help printing LARGE reports with vb3.0 and Crystal Reports

4. Oracle BLOB retrieval using ADO

5. Printing Crystal Reports report help needed

6. Web Access

7. need help on Oracle Report Server, schedule a report job as ToMail

8. SELECT statement not working - why?? (Need Help)

9. Please Please help !!! Crystal Report Help Needed

10. PICK SKILLS NEEDED - pick.fly [1/1]

11. Pick skills needed - pick.fly [1/1]

12. Pick/uniVerse/Unidata and Pick-Like Programmer/Analysts needed (Recruiter)

13. Pick Consultants Needed for Cobol to Pick Conversion Project