Commtools Help - willing to pay

Post by Richard Basse » Mon, 27 May 1996 04:00:00

Attention Commtools experts.....

I am having problems with my application and just can't seem to get it
going. I would be willing to pay for the help, I don't expect a freebie.

Basically what I need is this..I need 2 small programs one to dial and
transmit a file and receive several files back -and- the other to answer,
process and transmit the results back to the first program.

I will be happy to provide you with more details if you are interested in
helping me.

Rick Bassett

Post by John Kell » Wed, 29 May 1996 04:00:00

> Attention Commtools experts.....

> I am having problems with my application and just can't seem to get it
> going. I would be willing to pay for the help, I don't expect a freebie.

> Basically what I need is this..I need 2 small programs one to dial and
> transmit a file and receive several files back -and- the other to answer,
> process and transmit the results back to the first program.

> I will be happy to provide you with more details if you are interested in
> helping me.

> Rick Bassett

We have done a lot of work with Commtools. After 2 years of calling them,
we switched to SilverFox and have had no problems. If you want more info,
e-mail me and I'll dig up the URL for them.

  Spectrum Data Mgmt. Inc.            http://www.spectrumdata.com
      P.O. Box 422                       (813) 654-5254 Voice
   Valrico, FL 33594                     (813) 654-8013 Fax

Commtools Help - willing to pay

Post by tad.r.. » Fri, 07 Jun 1996 04:00:00

You can call AVANTI who is now selling and supporting commtools instead of
pinnacle.  The latest version (we just bought) has sample code to do exactly
what you want and is probably available from them on their BBS.  I've done some
of that type of program and it's really not that bad.

Tad Rees

Post by rc.. » Sat, 08 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> Newsgroups: comp.databases.xbase.fox

> Subject: RE: Commtools Help - willing to pay

> Date: Thu, 06 Jun 96 22:10:01 -0500

> You can call AVANTI who is now selling and supporting commtools instead of
> pinnacle.  The latest version (we just bought) has sample code to do exactly
> what you want and is probably available from them on their BBS.  I've done
some
> of that type of program and it's really not that bad.

> Tad Rees

How do I get in touch with AVANTI

Bob Cook

Post by Andrew Cha » Thu, 13 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>How do I get in touch with AVANTI
>Bob Cook

(800) 329-8889
(415) 329-8999.

Regards.

Post by sera.. » Fri, 14 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>>How do I get in touch with AVANTI

>>Bob Cook

>(800) 329-8889
>(415) 329-8999.

>Regards.

You might have better luck praying, the answer will be
quicker (more authoratative also).  I use CommTools
and thank the Great One Above that I don't have many
questions to ask Avanti.  I e-mailed a question regarding
Win-NT a few days ago and am still waiting.  Actually
I don't expect a reply.

What's your problem with CommTools anyway?  Most
of it works pretty straight forward without problem.

Scott

//

//

Commtools Help - willing to pay

Post by Michael Blac » Sat, 15 Jun 1996 04:00:00

SOAPBOX ON

It really gets my goat when a company mass markets applications,
charge an exorbant amount, and provides little or no support and
the little support thay do provide is at $$$ per call and of very
little help because "Gee, I haven't seen one just like that before".

MS and Novell are the two worst offenders of this just because
they have the largest market shares in their catagories.

Just try to Microsoft and answer a question on FP 2.6. "We no
longer support that product".  Hell, VFP hasn't even been on
market a year and they, MegaBucks, are burning all bridges.

SOAPBOD OFF
--
Michael Black

All opions are my own.

Post by sera.. » Tue, 18 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>How do I get in touch with AVANTI

>Bob Cook

They are at http://www.avantisoft.com or 800-329-8889, or e-mail

//

//

1. J2EE help needed willing to pay $200 upfront

I have an application from Sun that runs on the J2EE platform. The
application runs well but the problem is that the application is written
so that I can not make modification to the original. If I restart the
J2EE server, it reloads the default pages to the application. It is an
online store. I am willing to pay upfront $200 for anyone that can fix
the application so that I can modify it in to the store I want.

Sherwin

2. pg_dump consistency.

3. Willing to pay for Pro*C and/or DBA help

4. DBFs vs VIEWs

5. HELP! CommTools with VFP 3.0

6. MTS, ADO and Oracle