Access linked files?

Post by d » Fri, 21 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi all!
I have linked 2 text files in an Access 2000 database and now I'm
trying to read these via ADO with SQL queries.
I succeeded in opening one at a time, but not the both !!

My connection string is:
Data Source=D:\Databse\test.mdb;Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0

I open a recordset like I do with normal tables.
The following parameters are used: adOpenStatic, adLockPessimistic,
adCmdUnspecified

My two SQL queries are simple: "SELECT * FROM LINKED1;" and "SELECT *
FROM LINKED2;"

The first opens, but when I tries to open a recordset with the second
SQL query AT THE SAME TIME, I catch the following _com_error
exception:
"The text file specification 'File2 Link Specification1' does not
exist.  You cannot import, export, or link using the specification."

Here File2.txt is the name of the second linked file.

Has someone an explanation (and a solution) ?
thanks

Access linked files?

Post by d » Fri, 21 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Just forget my question...
There were errors in Import/export specifications in Access.

1. HOW DO I INSERT USING OPENQUERY INTO A ACCESS LINKED FILE

hi!
i hope someone will help!
i'm using sqlserver 2k
i've linked a microsoft access (*.mdb) as a linked server into my sqlserver
using a dsn with a microsoft ole db provider for odbc driver
i'm able to execute selects statment from that linked file as:
select * from openquery(mylinkedmdb,'select * from mylinkedmdb_table')

my problem is that i 'm not able to execute insert statment into that linked
server
i'd like someone tell me how is that done!!

i've tryed :

insert into mylinkedmdb.tbname(a,b,c)
select a,b,c from sqlservr_tablename

and

insert into mylinkedmdb.tbname(a,b,c)
values (a,b,c)

and

insert into openquery(mylinkedmdb,'insert into mytable ( a , b , c )')
values (a , b , c )

without success

thanks! muchachos!
carlos

2. script to automate archives?

3. which value to be bind

4. Linking Access Tables in Different *.mdb Files, Populating an Access Table From Several Others

5. Slow connecting to ODBC through BDE

6. ADO exception accessing text files linked in Access

7. Sizing of char,varchar and text fields

8. Linked Server - MS-Access files

9. Linked Server - Access 2K file over network

10. Linking Access 7.0 to SQL Server 7.0 tables using ODBC File DSN

11. Linked access file

12. Create a Linked table to external text file in Access