PSQL7/Borland C++

Post by Tim Gree » Sun, 12 Aug 2001 20:01:59

Hi:  Newbie here and trying to learn database programming on my own.
We have PSQL7 & trying to learn to develope with Borland C++ Builder.
2 questions:
How do I connect natiavely? (Preffer to use the transactional model Btrieve
rather than SQL for now)
Do I have to load a *.lib file into the Borland product for this to work?

One last thing tho.. Any suggestions on database developement books or
whatever while I'm trying to learn?
Thanks in advance..

Tim Green

PSQL7/Borland C++

Post by Lind » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 01:35:56

The native Btrieve API is simply a DLL function call, and you can just
link in the appropriate library (W3btrv7.lib).  You can find
documentation in the Programmer's Guide and Programmer's Reference
manuals at
http://www.pervasive.com/support/technical/psql7_docs.asp.

Linda
Pervasive Support

>Hi:  Newbie here and trying to learn database programming on my own.
>We have PSQL7 & trying to learn to develope with Borland C++ Builder.
>2 questions:
>How do I connect natiavely? (Preffer to use the transactional model Btrieve
>rather than SQL for now)
>Do I have to load a *.lib file into the Borland product for this to work?

>One last thing tho.. Any suggestions on database developement books or
>whatever while I'm trying to learn?
>Thanks in advance..

>Tim Green

1. Help: Visual C++/ Borland C++ with DBLIB....

Hi:

I tried to compile sybase example*.c using both Visual C++ and Borland
C++ on PC, though I could build .exe successfully, I still failed to
initiate dbproc ( in Borland) and login ( in VisualC++)

Settings:
1. define DBNTWIN32 ( though I'm using win3.1 )
2. for dblib, I add w3dblib.lib in project ...

can anyone help?

Eric

2. Wanted: replication development expert

3. Fw: Compile and Debug esql/c with Visual C++ 5.0 Or Borland C++ Builder 4.0

4. finding duplicate records

5. borland c++ and ms sql server

6. Seeking Job in Ecuador

7. Compiling SQL-Server samples with Borland C++ compiler

8. Access Front-End / Oracle Back End Corruption

9. Borland C++ and 32 bit dblib

10. Getting a list of Tables using Borland C++ Builder 5/MS SQL Server 8

11. Linking DB-Library with Borland C++

12. Using Borland C++ V5

13. Using ADO in Borland C++ 5.02