Purging DBevents ??

Post by Rajendra Jamadag » Fri, 02 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Hi netters,

        I need some advise on purging queued up dbevents through esql.

        The scene is as follows.
        1. I raise an event which is equivalent of AYT(Are You There?).
        2. all clients which are awake, answer by raising another dbevent.
        3. I collect these events and do some processing as i receive them.
        4. event raised in point(1) is periodic. So after certain time
                i raise another event as in point(1), and if there are still
                some replies pending which were generated from previous one,
                i need to purge them.
                (i guess this statement is not very clear.but i hope u can
                make out what i want....sorry for that)

        "remove dbevent" statement removes registration only, the events
        received before "remove dbevent..." command are queued and can
        be accessed thru "get dbevent..".

        I don't want this, before i do a "get dbevent..." i must be
        sure that all events generated by previous AYT call are purged
        and i process only fresh replies.

        basically i am looking for something like "purgedbevent" as in w4gl.

        any pointers ..????

        tia
        raj

 Fujitsu Australia Limited.      All Views expressed are my own.

1. Receiving dbevents in via ODBC

Hi all

Does anyone know if it is possible, and if so how, to receive Ingres
dbevents in a VB application via ODBC?

I been trying to find a method of notifying users that the system will be
shutting down before they are actually kick off.  Using win popup is an
option but it is messy since our dbms is on a Unix box.

Chris Roberts

2. Suggestion for resolving Deadlock ?

3. Thanks for info on dbevents

4. automatically upload database to ftp???

5. REGISTER for DBEVENTS - multiple registrations possible?

6. Report designs in paradox 4.0 (DOS)

7. DBEVENTS

8. Dynamic Index Bug

9. DBEvents