ADO datashape and memory resident record set

ADO datashape and memory resident record set

Post by Ross Wilso » Thu, 01 Nov 2001 17:42:18

I am trying to use a DataReport with a group header with an ADO recordset
object
However the records are created at runtime in memory (ie no connection
object)
It appears that I need to create a shape recordset
Is it possible to do this from my disconnected record set?

Any other suggestions welcome.

Ross

1. Converting from ADO Record Sets to a ADO.NET record set object

I have 30-40 ActiveX control that I used to hide the complexities of accessing an
Oracle Database. Each of the controls returns an ADO Recordset to the programming
using these controls.

I want to use the controls in .NET, without having to convert them to VB.NET
code.

How can I convert the record set object (ADO) to a DataSet or a DataTable (.NET)
object.

Robert

2. AS/400 - Seeking info on using VB to access DB2/400

3. Side Effects of Setting Tables Memory Resident

4. SQL: Selecting fields by number

5. Can postgresql be run in memory (like a memory resident program)

6. what is user tablespace used for?

7. Can postgresql be run in memory (like a memory resident

8. QUESTION: For SQL Server UNIX or NT ?

9. ADO, Record Set Positioning - SQL - Browse Records

10. Adding child record in grid using Datashape?

11. How find a record in datashape

12. Access remains resident in Memory

13. Making Tables Memory Resident