4th GL Systems: current state

Post by Andreas Haleg » Wed, 16 Mar 1994 00:13:31

I don't know if this is the right newsgroup (please tell me, what the
right group is).

I am interested in literature for 4GL systems: state of the art, current
implementations. Best would be a newer book, which summarizes the most
important features and contains many references.

Thanks in advance,
--

== Andreas ==
Wir entschuldigen uns fuer die Strapazen (Douglas Adams). NeXTmail

1. Wanted: Java contract programmer with SQL and 4th GL experience

Wanted: Java contract programmer with SQL and 4th GL experience

to help us create a module that would a) from abstract (a variation of lambda
calculus) specifications represented as a tree of Java objects, generate ODBC
compatible SQL b) generate statements in our own specialized proprietary
database language - a declarative 4th GL

We are located in Chicago

Contract duration - 6 to 9 months for the 1st (currently funded) phase

2. Oracle 8.1.7 on Pentium 4

3. Free Full Featured 4th GL 1-User MagicSoft for AP/DOS 5.2.7

4. sp_OAMethod fails after update to SQL2000 with "Error in srv_paraminfo"

5. fulltext index population is too late..

6. NY-White Plains-268365--ADSL-ORACLE-RDBMS-PL/SQL-Java-HTML-Software Engineer

7. Free 4th GL MagicSoft (1-User) for Advanced Pick