Need help with Microsoft SQL Server 4.2 BCP errors

Need help with Microsoft SQL Server 4.2 BCP errors

Post by Steve Milhise » Sat, 17 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I am running Microsoft SQL Server 4.2 for OS/2. While doing a BCP,
I received various error messages that I would like an explanation
for.

  Msg 4810,level 16, State 2: Expected TEXT token in data stream for
  bulk copy of text data

  A row on page 590 was accessed that has an illegal length of 18222
  in database.

  Possible network error: Write to SQL Server failed

Since I cannot find any documentation for these error messages, I
would be very appreciative if someone can interpret them for me.

--
Steve Milhiser
Mystech Associates

Need help with Microsoft SQL Server 4.2 BCP errors

Post by John Spaldin » Sun, 18 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Steve,

  I'm currently running a mix of MicroSoft 4.2b SQL Servers and
(converting to) Sybase System 10 on the OS/2 platform.  I've gotten this
error before under the 4.2b release. *As I recall, I did the following:

  I Ran DBCC CHECKDB (dbname)  - check for any errors.  This will fix any
allocation error, ect...

Use the Trouble shooting guide you will probably track the problem back
to a the table failing during the load and its primary index.  Drop and
rebuild the index and retry the load.

I do have the exact error message and what I did to fix the problem at
work.  (*e-mail me if you are still having the problem on Monday.)

Good luck.

1. Need help with Microsoft SQL Server 4.2 BCP errors

I am running Microsoft SQL Server 4.2 for OS/2. While doing a BCP,
I received various error messages that I would like an explanation
for.

  Msg 4810,level 16, State 2: Expected TEXT token in data stream for
  bulk copy of text data

  A row on page 590 was accessed that has an illegal length of 18222
  in database.

  Possible network error: Write to SQL Server failed

Since I cannot find any documentation for these error messages, I
would be very appreciative if someone can interpret them for me.

--
Steve Milhiser
Mystech Associates

2. configuring apache/jserv/jdbc/oracle/win98

3. restoring databases to Microsoft SQL Server 4.2

4. VisualBasic connects to db very slowly

5. Microsoft SQL Server 4.2 for Windows NT

6. Public Domain Databases

7. Register Function Libraries

8. WE URGENTLY NEED THE SQL-SERVER 4.2 VERSION !!!!

9. ConnectionTransact(DosTransactNmPipe()) Error while trying to connect to SQL Server 4.2

10. Wanted--Opinions on Microsoft Office 4.2 + Excel 5 for SQL Queries

11. Migration SQL SERVER 4.2 DATA TO SQL SERVER 6.5

12. ODBC error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Insert Error