Data Wharehouse - Data Mining - Data Stage - ......

Data Wharehouse - Data Mining - Data Stage - ......

Post by Manuel J. Guzm√° » Thu, 08 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi

I'm looking for 2 things :

1) What's de real definition of this words (if there are)?

2) What's tools there are for  AP/D3 databases?

Thanks.
*-----------*

Hola,

Alguien puede explicarme de manera sencilla los conceptos de las palabras
mencionadas anteriormente?

?Que herramientas / software / soluciones hay para bases de datos AP/D3?

Gracias

*--------*

Manuel J. Guzmn

Data Wharehouse - Data Mining - Data Stage - ......

Post by Pat Gilbroug » Thu, 08 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Manuel,

To get the definition of Data Warehousing depends on what entity or
"data warehousing authority" you wish to get the definition from. When I
researched many sources of data warehousing information to prepare for
presentations at the PICK/MultiValue conferences I have given, I came to
use what I believed was the most widely accepted definition of Data
Warehousing. That definition was invented by a man named "Bill Inmon"
that I believe is considered the "father of data warehousing". I have
broken down the definition and tried to put into words to fit the
MultiValue industry. Go to http://www.mgmt-info-tools.com and click on
"What is Data Warehousing" on the home page to see this.

Data Mining is also a broad term and can be a very simple or very
complex method of researching information in a data warehouse. Not to
try and plug myself or company too much, but I wrote an article on Data
Mining for Spectrum magazine that was intended to show the usefulness of
data mining for MultiValue based systems. You can download our overview
of our data mining product - MITS - that contains the data mining
article or if you would like I will just email just the article.

Our MITS data mining / data warehousing product has been installed and
running on a great number of AP and D3 systems in addition to UniVerse,
UniData, ADDS and Sanyo/Icon systems.

DataStage is product of Ardent Software's that is used to extract
mapped data out of an entity's (i.e. business's) everyday operational
data and put it in data warehouse to allow it to be viewed with a number
of popular data mining tools such as Cognos PowerPlay. Ardent's web site
is http://www.ardentsoftware.com

> Hi

> I'm looking for 2 things :

> 1) What's de real definition of this words (if there are)?

> 2) What's tools there are for  AP/D3 databases?

> Thanks.
> *-----------*

> Hola,

> Alguien puede explicarme de manera sencilla los conceptos de las palabras
> mencionadas anteriormente?

> ?Que herramientas / software / soluciones hay para bases de datos AP/D3?

> Gracias

> *--------*

> Manuel J. Guzmn

1. Data mining using SQL server,problems with Data mining model wizard

I am trying to make a (data mining) association rule
mining software (applying it to a supermarkets database)
using SQL SERVER, OLE DB DM and VISUAL BASIC 6.0.
I had a few questions and was hoping that someone could
help me regarding SQL server:

1. I have seem to have downloaded all the programs
necessary to run and create the mining model but am facing
problems: Where am i to SAVE all these downloads that i
need to run my association rule software with? in one
folder? in the C:PROGRAM FILES FOLDER? or should i make a
separate folder for them all? downloads include MDAC 2.7,
angoss visualization tools etc...

2. What PROVIDERS are necessary to run an association rule
mining program? The error i keep getting when i use SQL
server 2000 (using DTS and angoss visualization tools, ole
db) is "LOOK FOR MSDMine..." where can i find it so i can
download it? what are the default providers that you get
with SQL SERVER AND OLE DB DM?

3. When I try to create a MINING MODEL using the data
mining model wizard (SQL SERVER) and the Data Transmission
Package, i DO NOT get a list of the possible databases
that i can use (even though they are present and i can
manipulate them in the analysis manager), and i DO NOT get
a list of possible data mining algortihms to choose
from... one of the solutions for this problem on the
internet was to download microsoft SP 2, but it did not
work. any suggestions?

2. Local Cubes

3. Data Stage VS Oracle Data Mart Suite

4. URGENT: Loading Sybase 11.5.1 stored procedures to Sybase 12.5

5. Prediction using OLAP Data Mining Model and Data Cubes

6. can temp table degrade performance of store procedure?

7. refresh data in a data mining model

8. Syntax in odbc select clause - excel

9. Data Mining and Data Warehousing

10. data mining for biomech data

11. Data Access & Data Mining

12. Graphical Representation Of Data Cubes (Data Mining)

13. Data mining/data analysis survey