Cannot assign tables to grids in VFP. HELP!

Cannot assign tables to grids in VFP. HELP!

Post by Joseph I. Ceas » Mon, 22 Jan 1996 04:00:00

This is with regards to VFP

I have noticed that the only way to assign data to grids is to either drag
the table onto the form, use the wizard or use the builder.  Can it be done
manually?  Once I drag a grid to the form, why cant I see my tables in the
drop down box for RecordSource?

--
Joseph I. Ceasar (Yossi)
CLS Computer Solutions

Post by Lynne Warne » Sat, 27 Jan 1996 04:00:00

> This is with regards to VFP

> I have noticed that the only way to assign data to grids is to either drag
> the table onto the form, use the wizard or use the builder.  Can it be done
> manually?  Once I drag a grid to the form, why cant I see my tables in the
> drop down box for RecordSource?

> --
> Joseph I. Ceasar (Yossi)
> CLS Computer Solutions

Joseph, are you sure that the desired table is in the DataEnvironment
of your form already?  If so, is the RecordSourceType of the grid = 1 -
Alias?

If these two things are true, you should see your table (or view) listed
when you click on the combo box arrow for the RecordSource property (a
default table will NOT appear, it must be selected).

Remember you must explicitly set the ColumnCount property if you want to
be able the modify (or even see in the property sheet) the individual
columns of the grid.

BTW, be wary of using optimistic table buffering in a grid whose record
source is a table, not a view.  All my attempts resulted in outcome that
indicated it was doing only optimistic record buffering, even though I
explicitly set the BufferOverRideMode to table buffering.  I used a view
instead, and that solved that problem.

Regards,

Lynne

Cannot assign tables to grids in VFP. HELP!

Post by Helge B?schenbr?k » Sun, 28 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>This is with regards to VFP

>I have noticed that the only way to assign data to grids is to either drag
>the table onto the form, use the wizard or use the builder.  Can it be done
>manually?  Once I drag a grid to the form, why cant I see my tables in the
>drop down box for RecordSource?

>--
>Joseph I. Ceasar (Yossi)
>CLS Computer Solutions

You surely can build your grid manually. You just have to set the properties
the right way :-). To learn about this take a look at the online-help and
build a grid using the builder or drag&drop and look at the properties.
Desrcibing the settings detailed would be very large scaled, but if you face
any more problems, you can contact me by e-mail and I'll try to help.

Helge

- voice:                   \\ Gasselstiege 52        -
- +49 251 295857           // D - 48159 Mnster      -