Network Printing With FPW2.6 And WIN95?

Post by Mark Steven Heyma » Fri, 20 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi -

Under FPDOS 2.5 (In DOS Window/WIN95) the following works great.

SET PRINTER TO \\Machine\Printer=LPT1
SET PRINTER ON

***Print some stuff....
EJECT
SET PRINTER OFF
SET PRINTER TO

The same code unde FPW2.6, errors at SET PRINTER ON, "Printer Not
Ready"...Anyone know what dumb thing I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Mark Heyman

1. Printing problem with FPW2.6 app and Win95

Help!
I have a foxprow 2.6 app (exe) that includes report printing.  These
reports print fine under WFGW 3.11 but,  when the app is run on a Win
95 machine, the reports print with black blocks covering some of the
text on the page.  The app is being run on a Netware 4.1 network
(token-ring)  and prints on HP Laser Jet4+ printers.  I get the same
results on all Win95 PCs I have tried, so I don't think it is related
to a specific machine.  Is there something screwy with the HP drivers
under 95?  Do I need to rebuild the reports on a 95 machine and then
re-compile the app?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Keith

Peace &  Ever Increasing Awareness
Always KNOW what U don't know & always GROW

Keith Richardson

2. Suspect DB

3. FPW2.6a/Win95 won't print reports from .exe

4. Copy tables between SQL 7 on two machine?

5. FPW2.6/WIN95 Print Problems

6. Resynchronising records in SQL Server 2k

7. FPW2.6 Print a file to network printer

8. Software For Travel Industry

9. FPW2.6 printing to network printer w/SET DEVICE TO PRINTER

10. DOS PDOX 45 CANNOT PRINT UNDER WIN95 NETWORK

11. Network printing and Paradox for WIN95/NT

12. Printing on Network in Win95

13. Win95/MS network/Fox 2.6 DOS printing problem