Filtering Paradox Tables

Post by Tim » Fri, 01 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Sorry for any crossposts, but perhaps the solution for this can be solved using
ODBC. Thanks for any help

I'm trying to retrieve a selected recordset from a paradox table with the
following SQL Statement:

strSQL="SELECT * FROM [GROUP] WHERE [Grp] = '1'"

the recordopening looks like this:

rsCheckRecord.Open strSQL, cnnCentralDB , adOpenForwardOnly, adLockBatchOptimistic

and the connection looks like this:

        strConnection = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" &
mstrDataPath & _
                        ";Extended Properties=Paradox 4.x;"
        Set cnnCentralDB = New ADODB.Connection
        cnnCentralDB.Open strConnection          ' Set the Central Database

I can open recordsets with the connection, but as soon as I use a *WHERE* clause
in the SQL statement, I get the error:

'Operation not supported on a Paradox table without a Primary Key.'

Seems like I should be able to filter out the records I want without having a
primary key. Any ideas on how to solve or work around this? Thanks in advance

-Tim

to respond directly, remove ~NOSPAM~ from the email address

.

1. Filtered Paradox Table and the DBGrid

I have noticed that when I have a filtered table being shown in a DBGrid, the
scrollbar thumb tag does not work properly.  What happens is the thumb tag is
at the top of the scroll bar on the first record, the thumb tag goes to the
center of the scroll bar for any subsequent records and the thumb tag goes to
the bottom of the scroll bar at the last record.  Also, the size of the thumb
tag does not size relative to the number of records in the filtered table.  All
works correctly on an unfiltered table.  Has anyone else experienced this
peculiarity?  Is this a bug or just the way things work on a filtered table?

Thanks
Anthony

2. Help Connecting to ORACLE from C++

3. Problems filtering Paradox Tables

4. Help: How to get specific rows from a recordset

5. Filter a Paradox table on a Logical field

6. Location: recbase.cpp:1374

7. Filters in Paradox tables

8. OPAL: define container

9. Filter in tables [PARADOX for DOS]

10. How to filter a Lookup directly without filtering the Table

11. Filtering table already filtered .....

12. FIX: Dynamic Filtered Tables Do Not Replicate Data From Joined Tables to SQL Server CE Subscribers

13. How to find records in parent table with child table filtering