Another ADO discrepancy between NT4 and Win2k!

Another ADO discrepancy between NT4 and Win2k!

Post by Paul Thornet » Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have a disconnected ADO recordset with no records. The user
generates 10 new rows which I return in the disconnected recordset as
a parameter to my level 2 routine, which assigns a connection string
to the recordset's connection property, then uses the UpdateBatch
method apply the changes.

Under NT4 this all works perfectly. Under W2k it also works, in that
the 10 records are inserted correctly into the table. But an error
message is generated saying that not all the key values are unique
(this table has a primary key comprising 4 columns), and that the
table could not be updated. Of course, the primary key is unique for
each of the 10 rows. An "On Error Resume Next" takes care of the
problem, but I don't much care for that, and have no idea why ADO sees
an error.

--
Regards,

Paul Thornett

1. Another ADO discrepancy between NT4 and Win2k

[...]

2. Pick Basic Job Opportunity

3. Another (ADO?) discrepancy between NT4 and Win2k

4. BTrieve access for FOX 2.5 DOS

5. Win2k install Vs NT4 to Win2k upgrade.

6. sql vs pl/sql

7. Different Ado Recordset State in Nt4 and Win2k!

8. books / sources about Stored Procedures

9. ADO - NT4 IIS4/Win2k IIS5 Interoperability

10. ADO Recordset State different between NT4 and Win2k!

11. SQL Server7 on NT4 or Win2K?