frame-field frame-file

Post by Steven D. Brewe » Fri, 02 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Is there a way I can get frame-field and frame-file in the "entry" UI
event?
It is always reportin the last field that the cursor was at.  All other
events give me the correct values.  ( I am trying to 1) skip certain
fields based on user programmed database and fill 2) in default values
that are user programmed.  I am using V73E.  I have tried using ' apply
"entry" to self' , but it makes it impossible to enter data into the
first field.

Here is a very simple example.

def var field-name as char.
def var b1 as char.
def var b2 as char.
form field-name format "X(20)"
     with frame f-status.
form b1 b2 with frame ftd.
on entry anywhere do:

end.
update b1 b2 with frame ftd.

Thanks in advance.

frame-field frame-file

Post by Geoff Crawfo » Sat, 03 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>def var field-name as char.
>def var b1 as char.
>def var b2 as char.
>form field-name format "X(20)"
>     with frame f-status.
>form b1 b2 with frame ftd.
>on entry anywhere do:

>end.
>update b1 b2 with frame ftd.

This is an extremely hazardous way of working.  You are mixing
procedural code (UPDATE) with evend driven. (ON ENTRY)
You must not do this.  You are also using out date methodologies

SELF handle and set it's SCREEN-VALUE.

1. Getting frame URL from whithin another frame or at the server side

I have a need to have a tow frame situation in which one frame will
always stay up static while the second frame can change by the user when
ever he/she clicked on any link.  The first frame will have a button
which will retrieve the URL of the second frame when and save it onto
the server.  It is a way to track were the user have been.

Please send me an email if you have a hint on how it is possible.

Thanks

2. Info on INTERBASE wanted !

3. Table frames linked to table frames in a report

4. Q: OBJVAR function

5. Hiding a field in a Table frame?

6. Can't center presentation in kiosk mode

7. Removing Fields from a Table Frame on a Form

8. Visualage/JDBC integration?

9. OPAL problems with unassigned values in table frame fields

10. Incrementing a date field in a table frame

11. P4Win, Summary fields in Table Frames?

12. Dynamic use of Frame/Field Templates...?

13. OpenROAD-Windows: field sequence in a frame