Accessing an Express Database from Express Objects/OFA - Problem

Accessing an Express Database from Express Objects/OFA - Problem

Post by Guy Ioppol » Fri, 27 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I have an Express Server v6.0.1 database which I cannot access from
either Express Objects 2.1 or Oracle Financial Analyzer 6.0. However, I
can access it from Express Administrator 2.1. The error message returned
is something along the lines of "Another user is currently accessing
this database read write". This is strange as there are no other users
presently even though both Objects and OFA seem to think there are.

Has anyone encountered this problem??

ps We have looked at the file properties and they appear to be correct.

Can anyone help?????

1. OFA 4.8 / Express 5 database crash problem

Hi there,

I've got a brand new (and interesting) problem with a budget database in an
OFA/PC environment.
The OFA station crashed (which seems to happen regularly...), and then the
user is not able anymore to open the database.
Trying to open it with PC-Express, I receive a 'Seek Error code 0' message,
and I'm not allowed to open the file.
Unfortunately, I was going to do an Export/Import these days to reorganize
the database and trying to prevent that kind of problem, but too late...

Does anyone know if it is possible to force Express to open the database ?
Or know what is the signification of this error code ?

Thanks for your help,

  ---  Laurent Henssien

2. Data warehouse as a source for OLTP systems

3. Propogation of OFA changes between Express Databases

4. Help SQL 7 underreports free space on ME

5. Oracle Express Project And Oracle Express Database Programmer

6. Books on Locking

7. US-MD-ORACLE EXPRESS/OFA CONSULTANT

8. VFP GRID PROBLEM???

9. Oracle Express/ OFA Wanted (South East, United Kingdom)

10. US-CA-OFA/ EXPRESS

11. OLAP, Oracle OFA, OSA, Express Consultants, Permanent

12. Oracle Express/ OFA Consultant required