D3 AIX Restoring Logical Volumes

Post by Simon Goug » Wed, 07 May 2003 23:25:40

Can anyone tell me the secret to restoring a D3 system from an AIX Logical
Volume?

I need to be able to restore a complete system on to another machine from
copies of the original which have been backed up using dd to copy the LV's
to tape. I've got a pretty good idea that I have the blocking parameters
right and I can restore the partitions. The problem is that when the system
runs I get some FCB0 errors when I try to execute a command. Has anyone any
idea what I've missed that's causing the FCB erros?

Simon Gough
Trilogy Computers

1. logical volumes/filesystems for db's on AIX

We are installing a large Oracle 7.3.4 implementation on AIX 4.3.  If we
have some tables that are going to be 5 - 10 gb in size, we're wondering
if it's more beneficial to configure 2-4 logical volumes so that we can
then mount the filesystems as multiple pieces?  Or is it better to
create one huge filesystem to accommodate the tables/groups of tables?
We plan to stripe data across disks and mirror the data in a HACMP
cascading configuration.

I appreciate any insights on this.  Please send any replies to me

don't miss them.
Thanks,
Susan

2. Comine field when bulk insert

3. Sybase devices and AIX logical volumes

4. read-only files...

5. AIX raw logical volumes

6. prbl print, win 95, pdox4.5

7. Overwritten Logical Volume Block in AIX?

8. File Maker Templates

9. Informix on AIX using logical volume

10. D3/AIX Account Restore from D3/NT

11. ACCOUNT-RESTORE from D3/NT to D3/AIX

12. HP-Logical Volumes and Sybase Logical devices ?