Unidata vs Universe

Post by Stuart Whitm » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 21:29:47

The company I work for are looking to migrate from mvBase to another
multivalue db. All servers are W2k. Not keen on D3 and are currently
evaluating jBase.

Have found out recently that Unidata runs on MS. What is the
difference between Unidata and Universe. We are particularly
interested in the following:
Interoperability i.e ODBC (we need to update SQL tables and would like
to use Crystal Reports)
Web Connectivity
XML

Any comments?

Unidata vs Universe

Post by Dave Graha » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:40:29

Stuart -

I highly recommend that you ask this question of the members of the U2
discussion list.  Membership is free.  The community is comprised of some of
the largest users of UV and UD products in the world and quite a few of the
original authors contribute there as well.

Go to:
http://www.oliver.com/lists/u2/index.html

for sign-up instructions.

HTH,

Quote:> The company I work for are looking to migrate from mvBase to another
> multivalue db. All servers are W2k. Not keen on D3 and are currently
> evaluating jBase.

> Have found out recently that Unidata runs on MS. What is the
> difference between Unidata and Universe. We are particularly
> interested in the following:
> Interoperability i.e ODBC (we need to update SQL tables and would like
> to use Crystal Reports)
> Web Connectivity
> XML

> Any comments?

Unidata vs Universe

Post by Stuart Whitm » Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:31:39

Quote:> I highly recommend that you ask this question of the members of the U2
> discussion list.  Membership is free.  The community is comprised of some of
> the largest users of UV and UD products in the world and quite a few of the
> original authors contribute there as well.

> Go to:
> http://www.oliver.com/lists/u2/index.html

> for sign-up instructions.

> HTH,

Dave
Thanks for your help

Stuart

Unidata vs Universe

Post by Marty » Sun, 23 Mar 2003 00:47:11

Stuart,

Take a look at OpenInsight.  It will provide everything that you mention in
your email's wish list - ODBC and a Data Warehouse to SQL support for
Crystal Reports Pro (through ODBC) simple Web Connectivity and support for
XML.

We have just been showing this stuff at CeBit in Hannover and people were
blown away by how easy it all is.  We were building apps and web enabling
them in front of people on the stand. Grab the eval from www.revsoft.co.uk
or www.revelation.com

Sorry for the blatant plug, but . . . .

M.

Quote:> > I highly recommend that you ask this question of the members of the U2
> > discussion list.  Membership is free.  The community is comprised of
some of
> > the largest users of UV and UD products in the world and quite a few of
the
> > original authors contribute there as well.

> > Go to:
> > http://www.oliver.com/lists/u2/index.html

> > for sign-up instructions.

> > HTH,
> Dave
> Thanks for your help

> Stuart

1. UniData -vs- UniVerse

As I've been a UniVerse programmer a majority of the time, I must say
that UniData is one of the flavors that I've never seen or used. I was
wondering how UniData compares to UniVerse. Does UniData have anything
over UniVerse. What are the strengths & weaknesses, how about
performance (Unix / NT)?

TIA...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Thanks people!

3. D3 vs Universe vs Unidata

4. Need a good book

5. UniVerse 10 vs. UniData 6.0

6. Hiding table structure from administrator

7. Unidata vs. Universe

8. P4W: Use a startup form or startup script?

9. unidata vs. universe help

10. Universe vs UniData

11. Universe VS. Unidata

12. UniVerse Vs Unidata Performance

13. Unidata/uniVerse/U2 Project Manager and Unidata Programmer needed for Boston, MASS suburb- U.S.-(Recruiter)