'Data source name not found and no default driver specified'

'Data source name not found and no default driver specified'

Post by Maud Palustr » Sat, 26 Jul 2003 08:16:41

Hi!
I would like to connect to a CSV file,
To me, the connection is right, however i get the following message
'Data source name not found and no default driver specified'
What is wrong with this connection?
Thanks for your help!!!

set objExcel = server.createobject("adodb.Connection")

strConn ="DRIVER=Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt; *.csv);" &_
                        "UID=admin;UserCommitSync=Yes;Threads=3;SafeTransactions=0;" &_
                        "PageTimeout=5;MaxScanRows=8;MaxBufferSize=2048;FIL=text;" &_
                        "DriverId=27;DefaultDir=C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\TESTCODEGENERATOR\IMPORTEXCEL\UPLOAD;"&_
                        "DBQ=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TestCodeGenerator\importexcel\upload\ALCONTCT.csv;"

objExcel.Open strConn

1. [ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

I have a VB 6 (SP5) Application connecting to a SQL Server 7 Database that
is housed on a separate machine.

The machine that is hosting the application has MDAC 2.7 SP1 installed and
is a Windows 2000 Server.

When running the application i'm getting an error message:

ID: -2147467259
no default driver specified

On my development machine it works fine but it's going to a SQL Server 2000
database...

Here is the connection strings i've tried on the the hosting machine are:

"Provider=MSDASQL;Driver=SQL
Server;Server=ServerName;UID=User;PWD=Password;Database=DatabaseName"

And (this is the one i use on my WinXP machine connection to SQL 2k)

"Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=Password;Persist Security Info=True;User
ID=User;Initial Catalog=DatabaseName;Data Source=ServerName"

I haven't been able to find anything of help out on the internet...  and i'm
completely baffeled as to why this error is happening...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Adam

2. Archive/backup issues

3. Data Source Name not found and no default driver specified

4. Postgres over stand-alone disk array?

5. Data source name not found and no default driver specified

6. Identity question?

7. need help with a query statement

8. Error 80004005: Data source name not found and no default driver specified

9. Data source name not found and no default driver specified