Moving app from ver 4 to ver 8

Post by Darryl Seve » Fri, 02 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>Folks,
>I've inherited an old progress app written and running on a ver 4 server under
>Novell.  I've been asked what it would take to move the app to ver 8 running
>on an NT box.  Can anybody give me an idea of the difficulty of this task?
>I've worked in Sybase but never Progress.
>Tim Smith

It won't take much effort at all out side of the following areas.

1. Using non-Progress commands e.g. system calls for printing or using
C subroutines.

2. Some of the screen handlingj functions such as put which have
"changed" since V4.

These usually occur in tightly defined areas and so are easy to track
down. Everything else will probably run straight out of the box.

Darryl Severn     Brisbane, Australia.

May you have the patience of Job
             the wisdom of Solomon
         and the Children of Israel.

1. How to Move my DAtabse from SQl 7Trial ver to SQl Server Full Ver

I had Installed BAckoffice. The sql version in that allows only 5 Connection. So I bought the full ver(SQL 7). I would like to know how do I move my databse to the newer ver. or upgrade to sql7 full version.

Atul Singh
Network Administrator

2. Help!! Locking File is corrupted

3. Microsoft sql7.0-client on odbc ver 2.65 and ver 3.70

4. xBase databases

5. Triggers in SQL ver 6.5 and SQL ver 7.0

6. INSERT w/ RETURNING clause using DBD::Oracle

7. Restoring data from ver 6 into ver 6.5

8. Which tables do i need to analyse?

9. Pls Help, how to use Ms Access Ver 2 in Visual Basic Ver 3

10. Difference between ver 4.0 and ver 5.0

11. server ver 7, client ver 8

12. free or trial ver of Sybase SQL Anywhere ver 5

13. will ver 4.1 run under HPUX ver 7?