The Tool of Choice

Post by Tal Shaha » Fri, 19 Feb 1999 04:00:00

hi everyone,

I am supposed to start a project - a client server based dispatch
application for courier, trucking and field service companies. I expect up
to 30 users and a moderate sized database with a few 100,000s of records.
what would you say should be my database of choice ?
MSSQL ? MySQL ? anything else ??

thanks for your input....

Tal Shahar

The Tool of Choice

Post by A S Measure » Fri, 19 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>hi everyone,

>I am supposed to start a project - a client server based dispatch
>application for courier, trucking and field service companies. I expect up
>to 30 users and a moderate sized database with a few 100,000s of records.
>what would you say should be my database of choice ?
>MSSQL ? MySQL ? anything else ??

>thanks for your input....

Be wary of a DBMS lacking transaction control.

I went for PostgreSQL ahead of MySQL.

A S Measures