Object managment

Post by Lode Vande San » Thu, 22 Oct 1992 20:17:52

Hello I would like to have a database in where I can put the information
about the many programs and books I have. I would also like to use this database from
other packages.

Ex:     I want to keep the filename, date, size, ..., title, writer, ...
        I want to use the data I have in other programs !!!! (BBS, ...)
        I want it running under multiple OS's (Unix, Ms DOS, OS/2, ...)
        I want a relational database where the files are related to a
directory, topics to books and books to files, and files to books ...
        I want a sort of query language SQL (?).

Till now I have seen ready made programs but they all didn't allow me to use
the data in different programs I write.

dBase ]I[       -> Codebase, Topaz -> Unix ?
dBase ]II[      -> SQL -> BBS ?, Unix ?
gdbm            -> Seems basic
ADAPLEX/DAPLEX  -> Implementations ?, C ?

Can any one help me in making a descision on how to use a good relational
system which can be used on many OS's, which has a interface to C, which is
free to use, ...

Thanx

Object managment

Post by WHAT DO MEAN THERE ISN'T A MANUAL??? » Fri, 23 Oct 1992 00:14:42

Quote:>Ex: I want to keep the filename, date, size, ..., title, writer, ...
>    I want to use the data I have in other programs !!!! (BBS, ...)
>    I want it running under multiple OS's (Unix, Ms DOS, OS/2, ...)
>    I want a relational database where the files are related to a
>directory, topics to books and books to files, and files to books ...
>    I want a sort of query language SQL (?).

>Can any one help me in making a descision on how to use a good relational
>system which can be used on many OS's, which has a interface to C, which is
>free to use, ...

For that matter does anyone know of a good SQL interface that I could hack
to make it work on something like BTRIEVE?. (i.e non relationally stored)

Any experience/s would be most appreciated

Jon Machtynger

1. Table Managment

Hello,

I have posted this before however I was not too clear on
what I want.

We have a team of 7 programmers and myself. The
programmers can make changes to the database structure,
this has been agreed by our managment and cannot by
changed. We do not have funds to buy in a third part tool
and our profile is used for another process.

Anyway here is the question. Is there a way of monitoring
structure changes that the programmers make ?

i.e some after triggers in the msdb database ?, or some
other methods ?

All I need to know is what has been changed rather than
who made the change.

Thanks
Peter

2. REGISTRO DEL SISTEMA

3. tools for dbwarehouse creation and managment

4. xp_sendmail and carriage returns

5. SQL Internal Transaction Managment

6. Could someone point me at the xbase faq please

7. User account managment

8. ** SQL link 3.0 only allow 32K image ??? Help......?????

9. Microsoft Managment Console - Enterprise Manager

10. IIS Virtual Directory Managment for SQL 2000

11. About images managment

12. SQL Desktop managment install problem

13. User managment in ADP Project