Looking for XML/XSLT Trainers

Post by Travis McElfres » Sat, 24 Feb 2001 02:40:01

Hello,

We still have a few seats available for trainers experienced in web application
development.  If you have been teaching or using XML for the past year, please
read the information below and consider this Tprep.  If you, or anyone your know,
fit the profile described below, please have them contact me at

Thanks!

-Travis

Travis McElfresh
Product Manager
Data Access & Management
Content Development and Deployment Group
Microsoft Corporation

41\1673 phone: (425) 707-5288

Exchanging and Transforming Data Using XML and XSLT T-prep

March 12-16, 2001

This 5-day workshop is recommended for trainers that have a moderate degree of
web development experience. At course completion, trainers will have gained
comprehensive preparation for course 1913. Attend this t-prep in USA, Europe, or
Australia.

Prerequisites: Trainers interested in teaching this course should have a moderate
degree of Web development experience using the Hypertext Markup Language (HTML)
and the Extensible Markup Language (XML). They should also have a moderate degree
of experience scripting with JavaScript, Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications,
or Microsoft Visual Basic? Scripting Edition (VBScript) as well as prior
experience using COM objects, Active Server (ASP) pages, and either Visual Basic
or Microsoft Visual C++?

Location: USA at the Microsoft Campus, Redmond, Washington. Trainer - Tom Cryar.

Europe at the Center for Advanced Technology Training, Dublin, Ireland. Trainer -
David Lowe.

Australia and Southeast Asia, you can attend at AccordIT Solutions,  Canberra,
AST, Australia. Trainer - Russell Darroch

Registration details:  For information and registration about the offering in

by phone at +353 1 216 2807. For the offering in Canberra, contact Kelly Knights

at +61 2 6282 9841.

Cost: Tuition for the offerings is $1375 .00USD.  (Does not include price of the
trainer kit)

Course Objectives: After completing this course, students will be able to define
XML Path Language (XPath) expressions to locate and filter the content of an XML
document; define XSLT style sheets to transform XML documents at the Web browser
and Web server; create and change XML structure by using XSLT; use XSLT to merge
different XML documents and generate cross-references between them; and create a
Visual Basic application that uses the Simple API for XML (SAX) to access large
XML documents.

Course dates are subject to change.

1. Transform XML/XSLT dynamically from sp (XML string)

Hi,
I am looking at transforming a XML string returned from a
sp with XSLT. I want to load the string dynamically
without first having to save the string as a XML file.
I cannot seem to find any help on this topic. All the
examples that I have come across load the XML string from
a file.

Which is the best way to do this?

Thanks
Jason

2. Problems with Now()?

3. Best ??: XSLT , XML WebSer or SQL WebSer ?

4. SmartSuite97 problems!

5. XSLT destination XML File Format

6. VA-Arlington-103983--Software Testing-ORACLE-MS ACCESS-Systems Analyst, INDUS

7. Performance of XML>XSLT>HTML versus traditional ASP n-tier

8. Path Statement in Title Bar ?

9. Does XML SQL support XSLT ?

10. Custom Excel Report with DTS XML XSLT

11. DTS and XML/XSD/XSLT

12. XML template, XSLT and parameters

13. FOR XML EXPLICIT vs. XSLT