wIntegrate: reassigning the break key

Post by KeyGrou » Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hello all of you wIntegrate experts, Terry,

I am trying to use the update processor (AP/Pro, D3) with wIntegrate, but the
<ctrl>C key used to create a cut is interpretted as a break. I have been
already told that I can edit the keyboard layout and reassign <ctrl>C, but with
only the encluded documentation to work with, I have not been able to figure it
out. Plus, I do not know the proper character string to use for <ctrl>C to get
it to initiate a cut.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jeffrey Kaufman
Key Data Systems Group
www.keydat.com

wIntegrate: reassigning the break key

Post by Michael M Mas » Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello all of you wIntegrate experts, Terry,

>I am trying to use the update processor (AP/Pro, D3) with wIntegrate, but the
><ctrl>C key used to create a cut is interpretted as a break. I have been
>already told that I can edit the keyboard layout and reassign <ctrl>C, but with
>only the encluded documentation to work with, I have not been able to figure it
>out. Plus, I do not know the proper character string to use for <ctrl>C to get
>it to initiate a cut.

To reassign the break key, use the "Setup" menu, "Keyboard" option.
This will bring up a dialog box and somewhere towards the bottom right
you should see "Break" next to a box containing the value "3" - and
"3" is the ASCII value of CTRL-C. Change the value to whatever you
would prefer, for example "4" to make CTRL-D the break key, or "26" to
make CTRL-Z the break key, etc.

--
Regards --- Michael

wIntegrate: reassigning the break key

Post by Terry Penningto » Sun, 13 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi Jeff,
Mr. Mason beat me to the punch but he's absolutely correct. I'll try to
be quicker next time!
Terry Pennington
Mukilteo WA USA

> Hello all of you wIntegrate experts, Terry,

> I am trying to use the update processor (AP/Pro, D3) with wIntegrate, but the
> <ctrl>C key used to create a cut is interpretted as a break. I have been
> already told that I can edit the keyboard layout and reassign <ctrl>C, but with
> only the encluded documentation to work with, I have not been able to figure it
> out. Plus, I do not know the proper character string to use for <ctrl>C to get
> it to initiate a cut.

> Thanks in advance for your help,

> Jeffrey Kaufman
> Key Data Systems Group
> www.keydat.com

wIntegrate: reassigning the break key

Post by irenf.. » Wed, 23 Jun 1999 04:00:00

A nifty little trick that I perform is to remap
the some of the keyboard characters. In the
Windows world cut and paste operations are
performed using <CTRL>C and <CTRL>V. The
corresponding wIntegrate keyboard commands could
be <CTRL><SHIFT>C and <CTRL><SHIFT>V.

To setup the keyboard to allow a cut operation
using keys <CTRL><SHIFT>C: From wIntegrate's main
menu, select SETUP/KEYBOARD menu options. Under
the KeyList group, select the ALPHA-NUMERIC radio
button. Select the letter C in the key listbox
and toggle the SHIFT and CTRL check boxes. At the
definition text box, insert the following text:
Invoke EditCopy. Select the MACRO text box and
click on the SET button to save the setting.

To setup the keyboard to allow a paste operation
using keys <CTRL><SHIFT>V: From wIntegrate's main
menu, select SETUP/KEYBOARD menu options. Under
the KeyList group, select the ALPHA-NUMERIC radio
button. Select the letter V in the key listbox
and toggle the SHIFT and CTRL check boxes. At the
definition text box, insert the following text:
Invoke EditPaste. Select the MACRO text box and
click on the SET button to save the setting.

Don't forget to save your session configuration
if you wish to use the remapped keyboard on
future sessions.

fi1.aol.com>,

Quote:> Hello all of you wIntegrate experts, Terry,

> I am trying to use the update processor

(AP/Pro, D3) with wIntegrate, but the
Quote:> <ctrl>C key used to create a cut is

interpretted as a break. I have been
Quote:> already told that I can edit the keyboard

layout and reassign <ctrl>C, but with
Quote:> only the encluded documentation to work with, I

have not been able to figure it
Quote:> out. Plus, I do not know the proper character

string to use for <ctrl>C to get

Quote:> it to initiate a cut.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

wIntegrate: reassigning the break key

Post by david_roberts.. » Thu, 24 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Several years ago we wrote a scripted dialog which helps with the
update processor keys (and a similar one for vi). These are included
with wIntegrate 98 and version 3. Bring up the Run Script dialog and
run the script example\script\ap.wis (or vi.wis).

You'll see a list of keystrokes and their actions (right column). The
dialog is not modal so it stays visible while you're typing in tne host
screen.  Click the radio buttons to see other groups of keys and their
actions.

Click the Define Keys button to set the keys shown in the middle column
to effect the action. For example this defines your UpArrow key as
<ctrl>B which the update processor interprets as Cursor Up.

vi.wis does similar things. You can adapt/modify these scripts to suit
your own needs.

David Robertshaw